Moving to Netlify

Hi,
I want to move one a website (www.skateboardslife.com) of my client from the hosting he is already using to netlify. What’s the best way to do that and is it going to effect in a bad way or a good way?

Please advice.
Thanks

That Website seems to be generated on Wordpress and it’s not supported on Netlify. You’d have to migrate it to Static Site Generators like Hugo, Gatsby, etc.

1 Like

Really? I didn’t know that. Is it going to effect in a positive way or negative? And how much time do you think it can take.

What kind of an effect are we talking about here? As in, effect on what?

For example, effect on speed and security would be positive as the websites made by these generators are static and static websites are faster and safer than Wordpress (when all other variables are kept constant).

Ease of building might take a hit because Wordpress is like a plug-n-play thing, while in SSGs, you’d have to configure a lot of stuff and work hard for features like Search, Comment, etc.

Depends on the skill level of the developer. It would involve learning (the basics of) the framework, building a template like your current Wordpress website (as long as you want the design to be same), then, writing code, testing, etc. If it were me, I’d say, might take me a month or two minimum (it is based on me trying to build my own website).