Meta description doesn't working

Hi I have website which name is “suggestbook.net” I used google for domains and I used netlify for hosting. My meta description tag doesn’t work. When I search my website I can’t see my description.

<meta name="keywords" content="Book,types,Suggest,recommened, Action, Adventure, Classics, Comic Book, Graphic Novel, Detective, Mystery, Fantasy, Historical Fiction, Horror, Literary Fiction, Romance,Science Fiction, Sci-Fi,Short Stories, Suspense, Thrillers, Women's Fiction, Biographies, Autobiographies, Essays, History, Memoir, Poetry, Self-Help, True Crime, Amazon, Book buy, price">
    <title>Suggest Book</title>
    <meta name="description" content="Best book suggestions for your library. SuggestBook's purpose is the list best suggestions for your library. If you can't found book for reading and you need a suggest, you can use suggestbook.net. Find new book which you will like. Enter the book names which you had read, after that suggestbook.net will list the best option for you.Suggestbook.net is still under development.">

@atuna26 The meta description tag can be seen if you view the source of your page.

When you say that it “doesn’t work” I presume you mean that you aren’t seeing it in the Google’s search results?

You’ll find that the meta description element is only a suggestion, it isn’t guaranteed to show.
You can read more about it here (or by googling around online):

Google will sometimes use the <meta name="description"> tag from a page to generate a snippet in search results, if we think it gives users a more accurate description than would be possible purely from the on-page content.

Whether or not Google display it is up to them, it isn’t impacted by your choice of hosting provider.

1 Like

Oh got it.
So is there any way to show this to the user? Because this way it doesn’t look descriptive at all.

I don’t believe there’s a way to force Google to show precisely what you want, and certainly not to cause them to “update immediately”.

If you haven’t already you could sign up for the Google Search Console, and then do some Googling around for general SEO tips etc.

One to be aware of is that your current meta description is significantly longer than is generally recommended.

screenshot-20220602-185551

Thank you. You have been very helpful. I use google search but my reports don’t work correctly, I don’t know why. Thank you for your helping

1 Like