My netlify site is:
I’m experiencing a problem when using
netlify dev that is not present in the production environment.
I’m using next.js to create a statically generated site that will be hosted on the CDN. Within my site are directory slugs.
For example I’ve got a structure in my
pages directory like that reflects the use of a slug
[locale] in the path of my routes:
/pages/[locale] /pages/[locale]/index.jsx /pages/[locale]/puzzle.jsx /pages/[locale]/recipient.jsx
Ultimately when I use
next export I get a site generated as expected and all works well in production. However when using
404 error for all pages underneath the slug directory
Digging deeper I found that one of the files loaded with a slug route such as
/en-CA/puzzle, includes the square bracket characters as url encoded in the file name, like so:
%5Blocale%5D which equates to
[locale]. In my local
netlify dev environment, when I hit theh the URL as generated by the site with url encoding, the file is not found. However if I modified the URL manually and use square brackets in place of the url encoded bits, the file loads properly.
This looks like a bug which could be fixed for
netlify dev if the server url-decodes the static file path before searching for it on the local drive.