Issue with paragraph indentation in markdown widget

A client recently updated a CMS entry using a markdown widget and for some reason a ‘/’ was added to the text content he typed. I figured out that he was trying to indent paragraphs inside the widget by pressing the space button. I tried this out myself and for some reason a backslash is added to the text content automatically. I could not figure out any other way to add indentation inside the widget w/o the slash appearing.

Does anyone know why this is happening or how to add indentation without the slash?

I’ve added a link of the live site + screenshot of CMS editor in both the rich text tab.

Any help is appreciated.

config.yml

`

• name: “about” # Used in routes, e.g., /admin/collections/test-collection
    label: “About Page” # Used in the UI
    folder: “src/cms/page-content/about” # The path to the folder where the documents are stored
    slug: “about-page-{{slug}}” # Filename template, e.g., YYYY-MM-DD-title.md
    fields: # The fields for each document, usually in front matter.

Remove any that aren’t needed for posts

- {label: "About Page Title", name: "title", widget: "string"}
    - {label: "Content", name: "content", widget: "markdown"}

`

Live link to affected page

!

@Robp773, I tested the following solution with the Netlify CMS:

You can use the   (non-breaking space) in markdown mode to add six spaces at the start of the line.

Note, you must be in markdown mode (not rich text) and the preview will show the literal “ ” strings not the spaces. The “ ” strings will be converted to spaces once the changes are published. There are screenshots below to illustrate.

Please let us know if there are other questions or comments about this.

Thanks for the response Luke, I went ahead and used the ’ & nbsp;'. I just wish there was a way to do this through the normal rich text editor. I might make an attempt at a pull request for this.

1 Like

That would certainly be helpful, @Robp773!