ISSUE: Custom domain- DNS zone already exists on NS1

When adding a registering a custom domain I get the error: “A DNS zone for this domain already exists on NS1” error trying to create DNS zone “zecongliang.com

I contacted NS1 in response and they sent this to me:

"As Netlify uses NS1 as a DNS provider, removing the zone from Netlify also removes the zone from NS1. If you are indeed the owner of this zone, we recommend providing proof of ownership to Netlify’s Support Team and requesting them to remove it if it is indeed within the wrong account.

We cannot make any changes to this zone due to its existence within Netlify’s account."

Hi there, sorry to hear you are having some domain woes :frowning: Give this guide a read through, hopefully it will solve your problem. Let us know if it doesn’t.

The guide does not help in my situation. I have my domain registered with Go Daddy and not Name.com. Additionally, this issue was brought upon me because I had associated the domain with a website on Netlify, but I deleted the website. As a result, I believe the DNS zone exists with Netlify, but is unassociated with any website. I have already contacted NS1 about removing the zone, but they said that I would have to go through Netlify to resolve the issue.

Hi, @Pandazz. I believe you are correct. I did find a DNS Zone under our NS1 account but not defined in Netlify DNS.

I’ve deleted the inactive zone at NS1 which should revolve this. Would you please test adding it again now?

Hi @luke,
I am still having the issue after deleting DNS Zone from name.com.
Could you help me check if there is any inactive zone of minhuang.studio at NS1?

Thanks!

Hi, @minhuang. I checked at NS1 ands there is no DNS zone there under our account. If you are getting this error it is being caused by some service other than Netlify.