Is there specific formatting for form code?

Bellow is the code im using for the form. I have a separate site where the form works fine. My question is does the formatting have to be very specific? The only issue I see here would possibly be the fact the form is not nested inside the label tag? I say this because i’ve seen all the netlify examples with them being nested.

Trying to see if its a quick fix or if need to come up with a different form solution. The site is built with a template and i dont have the time or immediate know how to edit all the CSS that is wrapped up with this form.

<form class="rd-mailform rd-mailform_style-1" name="contact" method="POST" data-netlify="true" data-netlify-recaptcha="true">
                <div class="form-wrap form-wrap_icon linear-icon-man">
                  <input class="form-input" id="contact-name" type="text" name="name" data-constraints="@Required">
                  <label class="form-label" for="contact-name">Your name</label>
                </div>
                <div class="form-wrap form-wrap_icon linear-icon-envelope">
                  <input class="form-input" id="contact-email" type="email" name="email" data-constraints="@Email @Required">
                  <label class="form-label" for="contact-email">Your e-mail</label>
                </div>
                <div class="form-wrap form-wrap_icon linear-icon-feather">
                  <textarea class="form-input" id="contact-message" name="message" data-constraints="@Required"></textarea>
                  <label class="form-label" for="contact-message">Your message</label>
                </div>
                <button class="button button-primary" type="submit">send</button>
              </form>
            </div>
          </div>
        </div>
      </section>

Hey @Murffeus

There is no issue that I am aware of having

<label>My Label</label>
<input type="text" name="my_input">

or

<label>My Label<br>
  <input type="text" name="my_input">
</label>

for a form on Netlify, nor should any of the CSS play a part.

Above is the code I’m actively using. I believe it should work then as everything is set correctly for netlify forms, i’ve gone over it a few times with other iterations. not sure why this one site isnt working. my other netlify site has no issues.

On the site form, the Capcha works but when i click sent the page does not refresh, the form clears out but the Capcha stays checked and green. It makes me think its not processing fully for some reason.

I mentioned CSS just because i may need to find a new form as i dont have time to deal with the current CSS and fix everything that happens when i nest the input into the label.

Can you provide a link to the page where you are using the form?

Sure,

This URL is https://asap-dumpsters.netlify.app/

I just submitted a test message. Have you received it?

Looking further, the script.js contains code for the form. Quite likely this code is impacting the form functionality.

I see, im still pretty new to everything. I wasnt sure if that could have impacted it. ill remove and run some tests. thanks for looking into this Coelmay

Hey there, @Murffeus :wave:

Thanks for your patience here! I want to assure you we haven’t forgotten about your thread. In the interim, have you made any progress on the obstacle you were encountering?

ive made a little progress, i think the issue is with the JS in the templates. i’m not experienced enough to tell why but if i remove some parts the form looks as though it becomes functional up to a point it just does not send, probably from some routing in the JS. Ill have someone take a look at it that is more familiar