Increase @netlify/plugin-gatsby Function timeout

We are trying to implement DSG on our website (specifically Antler)

Currently we are deferring all the blog pages except the first 10 latest blogs.

For building deferred pages we are using @netlify/plugin-gatsby which uses "__dsg" function to build pages, but seems like there is an issue with the function timeout. I have attached the screenshot of the same.

Can you increase the function timeout limit to max?
Also, Is there anything missing which needs to be done to make DSG work on the website?

Hey there, @naman.parashar :wave:

Thanks so much for reaching out and welcome to the Netlify Forums! You’ll need to have a Pro plan for a functions timeout increase. Once your upgrade your plan, you can write back here and we will increase your functions timeout for you!

Hello @hillary ,

Thank you for the quick response, the account through which the website is deployed is prodtechteam@antler.co, so can you increase the function timeout limit for that account and specifically Antler’s website.

hi there @naman.parashar ,

we just upgraded both sites under the antler team to a 26 second functions timeout! enjoy.

1 Like

Hi @perry and @hillary , I’m hitting the same issue on a function that appears to timeout and return a 502 if it hasn’t been called in a while, and then if it is re-run it succeeds with no issue.

1. Can you please help me understand what would cause the initial run of a function to take a long time and require the longer timeout limit, and then to work as expected a moment later?

2. Also, my team has a pro account and I would love if you can increase our timeout limit as well for the team with slug netops-h1ivyji and under email netops@audioeye.com

Thanks!

Hey there, @Nicky_Evers :wave:

Thanks so much for reaching out! I have increased your functions timeout to 26 seconds on your account.

Regarding why your functions may being timing out at 10 seconds, take a look at this Support Guide:

1 Like

Hi @hillary @perry. I am also in need of a function limit increase. I have functions that often take 25 seconds that work locally but fail once published to netlify. What is the max timeout I can be increased to? If it is just 26 seconds I will have to look elsewhere.

Hi @hillary and @perry,

Can you increase my function timeout limit as well? I run online image conversion voor my CMS that sometimes takes longer than 10s for large images, the longer the timeout limit can be the better. Thank you so much!

Hey there, @Ruben2 :wave:

Thanks for reaching out! I have increased your function timeout limit to 26 seconds. This will take effect when you next deploy.

Hey there, @Riverhawk20

we can definitely bump you up to 26 seconds, but you’ll need to be on the Pro tier for us to make that change - that’s a requirement that applies to everyone who wants a bigger timeout. You can upgrade to Pro easily through the Netlify UI dashboard.

If you let us know when you have upgraded, we can change the settings for you!

Thank you very much Hillary!