Ieee.org subdomain error

i am trying to add subdomain to my site hosted in Netlify, the subdomain is (computer-ju.ieee.org) but it is always give me this error ((ieee.org or one of its subdomains is already managed by Netlify DNS on another team.))
so what is the problem with Netlify and ieee.org subdomain?

The error message literally means what it says: another team on Netlify has either ieee.org or a subdomain e.g. example.ieee.org hosted on Netlify. As a general rule, it is not possible to have a domain or subdomain on more than one account e.g example.ieee.org on one account and example2.ieee.org on another account.

Thank you for your reply, I understand what you are saying.

The subdomain (computer-ju.ieee.org) was created specifically for our site, so we are not trying to add ieee.org domain, but a subdomain.

Could you please assist us in adding this subdomain to our Netlify site (https://computer-ju.netlify.app/)?

With regards,

I understand that.

You don’t seem to.

ieee.org has many subdomains (try searching site:ieee.org on Google). If just one of those subdomains is using Netlify, you cannot add your domain. Netlify does have different rules for institutional subdomains however I don’t know if this qualifies.

I don’t work for Netlify so cannot provide this direct assistance. @SamO is probably best placed to direct your issue to the most relevant support engineer.

Hi there, in order to utilize this domain you’ll need to complete a domain verification. You can follow instructions in this post, and utilize this thread’s link as the verification text. Let me know if you have any other questions.