I don't receieve form submissions by mail. Why?

It’s the form on this page: https://lets-zottegem.netlify.app/lid-worden/#interesse
I also did this

f

Hiya, sorry you are having trouble getting your forms to work.

This Support Guide is the first port of call to debug any forms issues. There are also many other Support Guides for forms - you can find them here: #Netlify-support:support-guides

We also recommend trying to search the forums or look at topics tagged Netlify forms if you haven’t already - it’s likely your question was already asked by someone else!

If you are still having problems, please provide more information such as what you have already tried, and a link to your live form. :slight_smile:

I adjusted my messsage.
This is my code, see image. I can’t insert it in my message directly.

I tried recaptcha. You see now the form link in my message. I still didn’t receive the submission in my mail. I couldn’t insert my form code directly in my message. So I post a message with an image of my code.

Hi there, @Jorisvh :wave:

Thanks for following up. In the Support Guide that Perry shared above, we ask for the following information:

1. The URL for your live form as you want visitors to use it
  2. The URL of your deployed html form. In case you have a javascript form, we need to literally be linked to the html version you’ve deployed, as mentioned above (look for “ pure javascript form ”)
  3. The form name that you’ve set and that shows in our UI
  4. Any errors or logs from the Netlify build logs, dashboard or browser developer console (which you did, so thank you for including these already!)
  5. Description of anything you have tried that did or didn’t help or make things better/worse

This means we just need a bit more information on your end before we do more here. Thanks for understanding! Additionally, if you did not get a chance to read it, please go back and do so! Another link you might find helpful is:

I try to answer your questions:

1 Like

Hi, @Jorisvh. Those details are perfect!

I see the HTML form is parsed and working correctly:

<form method='POST' name='Lidworden' action='/bedankt' data-netlify-recaptcha='true'><input type='hidden' name='form-name' value='Lidworden' /><p><label>* Voornaam: <input type="text" name="voornaam"></label></p>
	<p><label>* Naam: <input type="text" name="naam"><br></label></p>
	<p><label>Straat + nr: <input type="text" name="straat"><br></label></p>
	<p><label>* woonplaats: <input type="text" name="woonplaats"><br></label></p>
	<p><label>Postcode: <input type="text" name="postcode"><br></label></p>
	<p><label>* E-mail: <input type="email" name="mail"><br></label></p>

<div><script src='https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api.js'></script>
<div class='g-recaptcha' data-sitekey='6LdAvUIUAAAAAHjrjmjtNTcXyKm0WKwefLp-dQv9'></div>
<noscript>
  <div>
  <div style="width: 302px; height: 422px; position: relative;">
  <div style="width: 302px; height: 422px; position: absolute;">
  <iframe src="https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/fallback?k=6LdAvUIUAAAAAHjrjmjtNTcXyKm0WKwefLp-dQv9" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"
    style="width: 302px; height:422px; border-style: none;">
  </iframe>
  </div>
  </div>
  <div style="width: 300px; height: 60px; border-style: none; bottom: 12px; left: 25px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; right: 25px; background: #f9f9f9; border: 1px solid #c1c1c1; border-radius: 3px;">
    <textarea id="g-recaptcha-response" name="g-recaptcha-response" class="g-recaptcha-response"
      style="width: 250px; height: 40px; border: 1px solid #c1c1c1; margin: 10px 25px; padding: 0px; resize: none;" >
    </textarea>
  </div>
  </div>
</noscript>
</div>
	<p><button type="submit">verzenden</button></p>
	<p>* Deze velden zijn verplicht in te vullen!</p></form>

Note that there is a hidden <input> added by our service named “form-name”. It is a requirement that the javascript which submits the form also submit this input. We have a support guide about this here:

I tested the form and the javascript doesn’t include that field, this is the data from devtools when I submit the form:

voornaam=Netlify&naam=Test&straat=123+main&woonplaats=1&postcode=12345&mail=luke%40netlify.com

The “form-name” field isn’t being sent which results in a 404 and the form submission failing. If you fix that, the submissions will succeed and the emails will be sent.

If there are any questions, please let us know.

I adjusted my source code, but it still doesn’t work! See here my code:
I still doesn’t receive a mail after submitting. And the page /bedankt already exist!

I think that doesn’t work because you’re setting a name through the form name and a hidden input at the same time. Try this:

<form data-netlify="true" method="POST" name="Lidworden" netlify-honeypot="bot-field" action="/bedankt/">
  <input name="bot-field" type="hidden" />
  <p>
    <label>
      Voornaam
      <input name="voornaam" type="text" />
    </label>
  </p>

<p>
    <label>
      Naam
      <input name="naam" type="text" />
    </label>
  </p>

<p>
    <label>
     Straat + nr
      <input  name="straat" type="text" />
    </label>
  </p>

<p>
    <label>
    </label>
  </p>

<p>
    <label>
     Postcode
      <input  name="postcode" type="text" />
    </label>
  </p>

<p>
    <label>E-mail
      <input name="mail" type="email" />
    </label>
  </p>
  <div data-netlify-recaptcha="true"></div>
  <button type="submit">Versturen</button>
</form>

Ik hoop dat het helpt! :wink:

I tried this but still doesn’t work!

Hi, @Jorisvh. I just tested the form again and I still don’t see form-name being sent in the POST data:

bot-field=&voornaam=Luke&naam=Netlify&straat=123+main&woonplaats=unsure&postcode=12345&mail=luke%40netlify.com

I really don’t know what I can do more! :pensive:

Hi, @Jorisvh. What steps have you taken to ensure the “form-name” field is being sent?

See this:
<form name="Lidworden" method="POST" data-netlify="true" action="/bedankt/" data-netlify-recaptcha="true"> <input type="hidden" name="form-name" value="Lidworden" />

Hi, @Jorisvh. The last I checked this, the form wasn’t working but I did see the “form-name” input tag in the form.

I came back to do more testing today and I’m not seeing the form at all, even for previous deploys where the form used to exist like the deploy below:

https://60ae8f4e4fa99200090bd199–lets-zottegem.netlify.app/#interesse

Did you change something or remove the form? If not, can you help me find the form now?