I can't renew my ssl certificate

Hello dear netlify team,
I have the problem that I no longer get the SSL certificate when I try it says:

*Acme::Client::Error::RateLimited: Error creating new order :: too many failed authorizations recently: see Failed Validation Limit - Let's Encrypt

We can’t renew your Let’s Encrypt certificate automatically until the issue is resolved. Check our troubleshooting guide for more information on how to fix the problem, and then renew the certificate.

I already have a certificate from Let’s Encrypt which only runs for 6 days.
Custom domain: test.themccrafter.net

LG

Hi,

That’s because your site failed the certificate renewal process too many times and is being rate-limited by Lets Encrypt now. Those limits stay in place for a week and there’s no way to remove those.

Hello thanks for your answer, what could be the reason that the website did not pass the certificate renewal process?

Hey there, @schulemarcel :wave:

This can happen when your DNS is misconfigured. https://letsdebug.net/ can be a helpful resource for why Let’s Encrypt can’t verify who is serving the site.

It looks like you are pointing a subdomain to our load balancer- you should try pointing that to your site subdomain instead. You can read about how to do this in our documentation:

1 Like

Hello, thanks for the tip with letsdebug.net.
But now it says:
SniCertificate::CertificateNonvalidError: Unable to verify challenge for test.themccrafter.net: DNS problem: query timed out looking up CAA for themccrafter.net

We can’t renew your Let’s Encrypt certificate automatically until the issue is resolved. Check our troubleshooting guide for more information on how to fix the problem, and then renew the certificate.

But unfortunately I don’t understand what I have to do for CCA.
LG

Hi @schulemarcel,

It seems, due to multiple renewal attempts, your domain has now entered the Lets Encrypt rate-limit. That limit persists for a week.

2 Likes