Home
Support Forums

HTML Form Submission Empty

I’ve added a basic HTML contact form to my page and linked it Netlify. The form is POSTing but the forms submission page the email I receive are blank. Though I can see the values of the submitted fields if I download the CSV and look at them there. Below are a few things I’ve tried.

• Copy and pasting the HTML form provided in the Netlify form Doc.
  • Copying forms that other people have shared in this forum that worked.
  • Currently I have a very basic form implemented for testing purposes.

Each attempt successfully POSTs. But doesn’t give me information in the submission.
My Site

My Form Code

<form name="contact" method="POST" data-netlify="true" class="contact-form">
                            <div class="row mb-1">
                                <div class="col">
                                    <label class="form-label">First Name</label>
                                    <input type="text" name="firstName" class="form-control" placeholder="First name"
                                        aria-label="First name" required>
                                </div>
                            </div>
                            <div class="row mb-1">
                                <div class="col">
                                    <label class="form-label">Email</label>
                                    <input type="email" name="email" class="form-control" placeholder="Email"
                                        aria-label="Email" required>
                                </div>
                            </div>
                            </div>
                            <div class="row mb-1">
                                <div class="col">
                                    <label class="form-label">Message</label>
                                    <textarea type="text" name="message" class="form-control" placeholder="Message"
                                        aria-label="Message" required></textarea>
                                </div>
                            </div>
                            <button type="submit" class="btn btn-primary mt-2">Submit</button>
                        </form>

What I see in my submissions

Welcome to Netlify @Matt-M

Copied your form and it definitely works :partying_face:

I wonder if you have an ad blocker or other plugin running that could cause the test to hide? If you inspect one of the elements on your submissions page, can you see the text in the page source?

1 Like

I turned off my adblocker and and viewed inspected the page source of the submissions page. Nothing was being hidden.

That is so peculiar that my form works for you but not me. I was going to try re-launching. Basically doing a turn it off then back on.

Alright the issue is resolved!

The issue must have been on Netlify’s end because all I did was change the form name to.

name="contactMe"

I did this because I tried adding a form on a different page with the exact same code that wasn’t working (but a different form name). And that new form returned the form information. So while I can’t say for sure what was causing the issue. At least this is documented so that hopefully it’ll save the next person some time.

Here are the additional things I tried that still didn’t fix the issue.

• Re-deploying the site.
  • Deleting the form in the forms section and re-adding.
  • Submitting the form in a different browser.
  • Turning off browser plugins.
1 Like