How to use the Netlify CMS NPM module?

Hi,
I already have a running react app. It is not a blog. Now I want to create a blog for it. I was checking Netlify CMS tutorials. I see that I will need to add an index.html file and config.yml in the admin folder at the root folder. The index.html file is the admin console of the CMS. The tutorials use two index.html files. One is the blog front. One is the CMS console front. Together they form a blog site with CMS integrated.

But in the case of my react app, it is not a blog. It is a site. So here my “blog front” is actually my normal “site front”. I wanted another blog front integrated into my react app. Then I realized there is a Netlify NPM module. So I thought I can create a javascript module called blog.js. This would be my blog front. I would then create another module called blogAdmin.js - this would be my blog admin front. In blogAdmin.js I include the Netlify CMS NPM module.

I then integrate the blog.js and blogAdmin.js into the main app. So that when the user navigates to www.mysite.com/blog, the app pulls up the blog front (blog.js) and when they navigate to www.mysite.com/blogAdmin, the app pulls up the blog admin front (blogAdmin.js).
Now any post made on the blog admin front would hit github and trigger a rebuild, and the logic in blog.js would pick those posts and render them on the UI.
Is my approach right?

Hi there! Thanks for your interest in Netlify CMS. Looks like you posted your question a little while ago, but that you haven’t received a solution yet. Here’s where you might get more help:

netlifycms.org - the site houses our extensive documentation that likely contains helpful information to get you back on track.

netlify cms slack - join our friendly slack channel and chat with other cms pros to get the help you need.

GitHub Issues - think you’ve found a bug, or would like to make a feature request? Make your voice heard here. Netlify CMS is open source - PRs and other contributions are also welcome!

Stack Overflow Check StackOverflow for questions tagged “Netlify CMS” if you don’t get an answer in the Slack or the GH issues. StackOverflow reaches a worldwide audience of knowledgeable people.

Your question will be left open here for anyone to comment - but we encourage you to check out the above resources if you are still looking for a solution!

i am using on wordpress, but still not getting proper instruction for running blog. I still have data of my wordpress but there is no proper way to getting my data back to netlify site.

Hey there, @jennykim :wave:

Thanks for following up here. Are you looking to migrate your wordpress site to netlify? If so, you can follow the instructions in this blog post: