How to remove Accents (é,ç,ã,ò) in {{slug}}

Dear all, I have this in my config.yml:

slug: "{{slug}}"
    encoding: "ascii"
    clean_accents: true

But when my title is some like this (in PT-BR): “Doce de paçoca é bom!” I get this result on filename.md/url: “doce-de-paçoca-é-bom”. Any possible to remove this automatically without creating a field named slug and doing manually?

Hi there! Thanks for your interest in Netlify CMS. Looks like you posted your question a little while ago, but that you haven’t received a solution yet. Here’s where you might get more help:

netlifycms.org - the site houses our extensive documentation that likely contains helpful information to get you back on track.

netlify cms slack - join our friendly slack channel and chat with other cms pros to get the help you need.

GitHub Issues - think you’ve found a bug, or would like to make a feature request? Make your voice heard here. Netlify CMS is open source - PRs and other contributions are also welcome!

Stack Overflow Check StackOverflow for questions tagged “Netlify CMS” if you don’t get an answer in the Slack or the GH issues. StackOverflow reaches a worldwide audience of knowledgeable people.

Your question will be left open here for anyone to comment - but we encourage you to check out the above resources if you are still looking for a solution!

1 Like

I hate to disappoint you but I don’t think there’s a way without adding a custom field. There’s an open issue here:

3 Likes

Yeah I move to custom field. it works why not use right!? Thanks!

I go to Slack, thanks for the link!

1 Like

I cannot enter on slack, I don’t know why…

Hey there,

If you are a new user to the CMS, have you tried creating a new account? Take a look at the top right corner:

Also, as Tom said, there is an open issue for this and the Slack will not provide a different solution. However, it is a great place to chat CMS.

OK I will try, now I was trying to solve a question so I was trying to enter in Slack to do it.

1 Like