How to leave a team?

Hello,

My account is currently part of two teams; my own account team and a team I was added to as part of a project in a company I no longer work for.

I’d like to remove myself from this team but can’t find any way to do that. It seems that only admins can remove people from teams, but unfortunately the admin of this team is also no longer in the company and does not have access to the account anymore.

Could you help me leaving that team, please?

Cheers

Hi @pixelastic, can you tell me which team you want to be removed from?

The other team’s name is a “john-doe’s team” kind of name but I don’t want to share it publicly here without my former team mate consent.

I’d like to stay in my own (Pixelastic) team, but removed from the other. As I’m only part of two teams, you should be able to find it :slight_smile:

Having trouble finding your other team, so I’ll be in touch via email!

Hi, I am having the same issue. Can I get a support engineer to email me as well?

We have sent you an email to the email address associated with your Netlify account, and we’ll communicate with you through that email to continue resolving this issue.
(Please note that for security reasons, we will not contact you at email addresses not listed in your Netlify account.)

Also, please let us know with a reply here if you don’t receive a message from us.

Hi Jen! I have the same need, I’d like to be removed from the “Boll + Branch” team that I’m on. Also, is there a way to do this from the UI that we’re all missing?

Hi Bashu,

We have an open feature request to add this functionality to the UI, but until then folks can just ping us here for help.

I am not seeing that team associated with the email address you are using here on Community. I’ll be in touch via email.

Hi friends,

Could I please be removed from the Unabridged Software team? They’re lovely and wonderful, but I don’t work there anymore and should not have access to their Netlify stuff.

hey there @andrewek! we have removed you from that team. :smiley:

Hello,

Could I be removed from LambdaLabs team please. Thanks for your help.

Hi @tjkisner! Consider it done.

Hello, I also need remove myself from team, how to do it?

If you are an team owner, there must be at least one other team owner first. If not, promote someone to owner and then you will be able to delete yourself from the team here:

https://app.netlify.com/account/members

Note, if you are not a team owner, you can either contact the owners request they remove from the team. You can also tell us your login email address at Netlify here (in this forum) and our support team will be happy to remove you from the team.

If you don’t want to share that email address publicly, you can private message (PM) that to one of our support staff. I’ve confirmed that PMs are enabled for your community login. Please keep in mind that only one person can see the PM and this will likely mean a slower reply than posting the information publicly. Please feel free to reply to however you prefer though.

Hi, @mival. Thanks for the message with the email address and the team name to remove you from. You have been removed from the team as requested now. If there are other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Hi @luke,

I’d like to be removed from “Pranay Kothapalli’s Team”. I no longer work at the same company as the owner of this team, and I’d like for them to have sole access to their projects.

Thanks!

Hi, @chrzrdx. You have now been removed from that team. :+1: