Home
Support Forums

How to get Netlify hosted site's IP address to add in DNS record

Please help me to get the IP address of My site: (https://festive-goldwasser-33c351.netlify.app/)
I wanted to add the IP address in my DNS record to point the subdomain to the netlify site.

Hi @linuxbean001,

Does this help:

I am not getting the Ip address of site to point.

It’s mentioned on that page:

Point the record to Netlify’s load balancer IP address: 75.2.60.5

So I have to add same IP.

Yes, that IP would be used for the A record for the apex domain and then you’d have to add a CNAME record for the www one.

And what for the subdomain. Can you give me the steps

You need 2 records:

1. A record for the apex domain (example.com) pointing to: 75.2.60.5.
  2. CNAME record for the www subdomain (www.example.com) pointing to: festive-goldwasser-33c351.netlify.app.

I already have a domain. I have to add subdomain in that. Support told me to add

1. A record for the prefix of subdomain add from (add.example.com) pointing to: IP address
  2. CNAME record for the (www.ad.example.com) pointing to: https://festive-goldwasser-33c351.netlify.app/

Can you tell me is this write.

If you only want to add add.example.com you don’t need to add any A record. You can simply add a CNAME record for add.example.com and keep its value as festive-goldwasser-33c351.netlify.app.

Please can you tell me how to get the ip of the netlify site.
I ahve als gone through: [Support Guide] Finding the IP addresses for Netlify's nameservers

Is it correct way to find the ip.

I’m not sure why you need the IP. Could you explain what you’re trying to do?

I have gone through this link. Heading ( custom subdomain ).
but nothing happening. Is there any other steps that has to be done in netlify. Because after pointing subdomain to netlify site in DNS record i am not able to open the link perspective.arcadeagroup.com is not reacable. and when i am adding domain in netlify : perspectives.arcadeagroup.com then it is showing arcadeagroup.com is already in use.

What to do?

link: Configure external DNS for a custom domain | Netlify Docs

Yes, that is the case. That domain is being used on another website. If you think it’s a mistake and that domain should exist in your account, you’d have to add a DNS verification record.

Add the following record:

Type: TXT
Hostname: verify
Value: How to get Netlify hosted site's IP address to add in DNS record

Once we can see that record, we can remove the domain from the other account so you can add it to yours.

I don’t want to remove from other account that is also our account.
I wanted to add a subdomain to it. We already have arcadeagroup.com and we have to add perspectives to this domain (perspectives.arcadeagroup.com)

How this domain could add to the netlify site that is my question sir.

You can’t add a domain in one account and the subdomain in another account. Both websites need to exist in the same account.

If you simply wish to add to perspectives.arcadeagroup.com to arcadeagroup.com so that both of them serve the same website, you can add the domain here: Netlify App

If you wish to add perspectives.arcadeagroup.com to festive-goldwasser-33c351.netlify.app, you’d have to keep arcadeagroup.com and festive-goldwasser-33c351.netlify.app in the same Netlify account and then you can connect the domain as explained before.

I have kept arcadeagroup.com and festive-goldwasser-33c351.netlify.app in the same Netlify account and then I pointed perspectives to the festive-goldwasser-33c351.netlify.app. Is there something else I have to do to connect both with the subdomain ‘perspectives’?