Home
Support Forums

How to Fix "NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID"

Hello, I hope you are having a good day

I have a problem accessing my website: “https://ecoestrategiaperuana.com”. When I try to access my website from mobile and web it indicates this error: “NET :: ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID”

My domain is registered in Namecheap but it used the server and DNS provided by Netlify, including the SSL certificate

I have read some posts on the Netlify Forums and I have already verified if my site is using DNS correctly, and apparently if it is. I also saw the option that to solve this problem I must renew the SSL Certificate that you provide us, but I have already done it about 2 times and it has been more than 5 hours and still no change happens and the problem is still not solved.

Please I need your help to solve this problem and my site can work properly. Or maybe there is something I’m doing wrong, I don’t know.

I await your response.

Thanks a lot.

Hi @JeanPaulMatos :wave:

I took a look at the currently configured and propagated DNS records for the domain you’re using and can see the issue. Specifically, if you take a look here:

You’ll see that there are several different A-records currently configured for the domain. This indicates that either:

1. The DNS records are still propagating (they can take up to 48 hours to fully propagate depending on your DNS provider and it’s configured TTL value)
  2. The DNS configuration with the domain is incorrect.

The best way to check this is to reach out to your DNS provider (usually the place you bought the domain) and have them review the settings with you as compared to the official documentation:

Since you want to use the root domain (sometimes called the APEX domain), you’ll want to make sure that there’s a single A record pointed to: 75.2.60.5

Hi @JeanPaulMatos

The DNS (with possible a handful of exceptions) is showing Netlify nameservers and your site is currently loading without any certificate errors. If you are still having issues have a look at [Support Guide] Why do DNS / SSL changes take up to 48 hours to propagate? (TTL) and also bare in mind the potential for local caching on your device.

The reason for the multitude of A records @birdcar is ecoestrategiaperuana.com is Netlify DNS. The IP add address you specified if when using external DNS.

1 Like

@coelmay So I just have to wait for the DNS to propagate properly, right? I don’t have to add any type A records to Netlify’s DNS RECORDS or anything? Should I just wait? And sorry if it’s a very obvious question, I’m a newbie at this. Thanks for answering

Yes.
Waiting is generally the thing to do. If you are seeing issues, you can:

• try a different browser, and/or a private/incognito browser window
  • try a different device
  • try a different network

Not by default. Once your domain is added to Netlify DNS and pointed to your Netlify site the rest is taken care of. If you wanted to have e.g. blog.ecoestrategiaperuana.com then you would need to configure it.

No need for sorry. You’re welcome.

2 Likes

In that case I will wait the 24 to 48 hours that are recommended. Thank you very much @coelmay for the kindness with which you answered my questions.

2 Likes