How to find the published content on live site?

I have added Netlify CMS to a website, and it work. I can publish and edit content for the admin page.

The code updates and all…

But where can i see the content on the live site? :joy:

backend:
  name: git-gateway
  branch: master

media_folder: "images/uploads"

collections:
  - name: "blog" # Used in routes, e.g., /admin/collections/blog
    label: "Blog" # Used in the UI
    folder: "_posts/blog"
    create: true
    slug: "{{slug}}"
    preview_path: "/blog/{{year}}"
    fields:
      - { label: "Layout", name: "layout", widget: "hidden", default: "blog" }
      - { label: "Title", name: "title", widget: "string" }
      - { label: "Publish Date", name: "date", widget: "datetime" }
      - { label: "Featured Image", name: "thumbnail", widget: "image" }
      - { label: "Rating (scale of 1-5)", name: "rating", widget: "number" }
      - { label: "Body", name: "body", widget: "markdown" }

Hi @Petter. Netlify-CMS relies on the use of a SSG ( Static site generator). It would be helpful to share the repo so we could determine which technologies you are using and how the CMS should be set up.

Is there no way to use Netlify CMS with plain raw HTML and CSS static website?

(I don’t want to rely on a SSG)

I created a new website with Netlify CMS in the most basic form.

It’s just a empy website, with the posibility to publish a post with a title.

All i want is to see how the title from the post gets published on the live site.

As you can see in your _posts directory, the files are saved as .md or markdown. You will need a SSG to build these into .html pages.

I would recommend 11ty or Astro for a simple setup.

Netlify CMS isn’t capable of reading and editing HTML files. It can only output data, like json, yaml and markdown. In fact, it’s a headless CMS, so it doesn’t know anything about your frontend. You can totally use said data formats without a SSG, but doing so isn’t going to make your life much easier.

2 Likes

Hi, @Petter, welcome to the forums! :wave:t6: We are so glad you are here. Sorry to hear you are having issues with your site. Thank you @tomrutgers for providing that insight. Here is some additional information that can help you going forward when using Netlify’s CMS netlifycms.org - the site houses our extensive documentation that likely contains helpful information to get you back on track. Thanks for popping in and happy building! :netliconfetti: