How to customize the UI for Netlify Identity widget

hello guys, how do i go about customizing the buttons that come with the netlify identity div? i still can’t figure out a way.

Hi there, thanks for your question! I see that you are trying to figure out how to customize the identity widget, and i do have some information for you, but first, working through the guidelines in this post is going to get you off on the right foot as far as answering your questions :slight_smile: Normally, we would need more information in order to be able to help effectively.

We can do basic debugging of this kind of thing but can’t write an in depth set of instructions - luckily, blog posts such as this one on identity and customization and this article by leanpanda which covers some of the same material - the bottom line is that you need to use GoTrue which is also mentioned in this original Common Issue.

Let us know if you come across other useful resources for others in the same situation!

If you come across any other issues related to our products or services, please don’t hesitate to come on back and we’ll be happy to take another look :+1:

the third party GitHub - netlify-labs/react-netlify-identity: a tiny (4kb) React hook for using Netlify Identity, no UI. SEEKING MAINTAINERS project provides a nice no-UI login layer over gotruejs, and GitHub - netlify-labs/react-netlify-identity-widget: a small (6kb) drop-in accessible authentication widget for your React apps. SEEKING MAINTAINERS also lets you write your own css but provides one for you if you wish.

1 Like