Home
Support Forums

How can I point my registar to Netlify?

I have a custom domain that I’d like to host on netlify, how can I point the DNS settings from name.com to Netlify?

I get this message when I try to use “add or register a domain”

Also, is it possible to put a website up without having GIT as a middleman?

@domains2723 Welcome to the Netlify community.

It is easy to set up custom domains to point to content on Netlify. The docs page tells all:

It is also easy to set up a website without using GIT by using drag-and-drop.

Hello,

I read that already and specifically this part, however I get the message posted above when I try and do that

@domains2723 Ah, you updated your message after originally posting it, it appears. In your case, someone from Netlify tech support will have to help you clear that conflict.

Hi, @domains2723. We have a support guide about the error here:

To summarize that support guide, these “exists on NS1” errors are because a previous hosting company still has a DNS zone for the domain at NS1. We also use NS1 and NS1 can only have one DNS zone be authoritative for a domain. Because a zone already was created by someone else, we will be unable to do so until the existing zone is deleted.

If you tell us the domain name here, we will be able to confirm if that is the issue.

You can post that information publicly or you can private message (PM) that to one of our support staff. I’ve confirmed that PMs are enabled for your community login. Please keep in mind that only one person can see the PM and this will likely mean a slower reply than posting the information publicly. (Example: in a few hours I’m off and won’t be back until Sunday so no one will see it before then if you PM the info to me.). Please feel free to reply to however you prefer though.