Home
Support Forums

Help with Netlify DNS setup

Hi there, I got this message: ‘There’s a Netlify DNS zone for this domain, but no DNS records associated with it. Please contact support for setting up DNS records.’ for the domain fortch.co.uk which I own. I set up all the DNS records on GoDaddy to point to netlify but this message still appears.’ Could you please help me? The domain I am trying to set up is fortch.co.uk

@sergey Welcome to the Netlify community.

You say you set up the DNS records at GoDaddy to point to Netlify, but it looks as though you actually told GoDaddy to use Netlify DNS instead of GoDaddy.

Can you clarify this?

Same is happening with me. I copied my dns record from netlify and placed into NameCheap custom dns but I am getting same error as above.

Domain: theadeel.com

DNS record provided by Netlify:

Hi @wikz87 Welcome to the Netlify community. :netliconfetti:

Before you changed your nameservers, did you configure you domain in Netlify DNS? From you Netlify overview, click the Domains tab at the top of screen.

You will need to have added you domain (which is registered externally) first and pointed it to the relevant Netlify site, plus added any other records you may require (such as MX). Eg.

You might also have a look at [Support Guide] How do I migrate a domain to Netlify DNS with zero downtime? and [Support Guide] DNS Quick Start - How to set up DNS for further information.

Also note this post [Support Guide] Why do DNS / SSL changes take up to 48 hours to propagate? (TTL)

Have a look through Netlify DNS | Netlify Docs too. If you have any questions/issues, please reply.

1 Like

Thanks for help. i tried to add domain again and its working now.

Excellent news @wikz87.