Home
Support Forums

Help with a "deploy failed" issue

I need advice to debug deploy Netlify App

Thank you very much (I’m not a coder or website builder so not sure how to fix this bug).

Can you post the build logs?

Thank you Simeon,

attached is a screenshot of the build log and the log for the first failed deploy log (Production: master@5e30afb. Today at 1:08 PM) - does that help (sorry I’m not technical at all). Thank you for your help. Best, Gwen

And here is part 1 of 4 of the first deploy log that failed

And here is part 2 of 4 of the first deploy log that failed

And here is part 3 of 4 of the first deploy log that failed

And here is part 4 of 4 of the first deploy log that failed

Can you share your repo @gwenhustwit

Hi Coelmay, sorry what’s a repo? (I’m not very technical sorry!)
thank you for you help.

A repository. The place your code is (e.g. GitHub)

Thank you, yes it’s Github!

Is the repository public?
Can you share the URL?

i’m not sure, do you mean by website?

I am asking for the URL to your GitHub repository. Using one of mine as an example:
https://github.com/coelmay/netlify-bare. Then I can have a look at the code and see if there are any issues there potentially causing the errors you are seeing.

Ah thank you so much coelmay…it’s this: https://github.com/gwenhustwit/gwenhustwit.com

thank you so much!

Unfortunately your repository is private so I cannot see it.

Hi Coelmay, i’ve just made it public! let me know if you still can’t see it. Thank you

I can see it now thanks :smiley:

The issue was simple.
As per this screenshot, you have the same permalink for two pages. In both website/pages/life-purpose-package.md and website/pages/guess-what.md you have

permalink: /life-purpose-package/

Change the one in guess-what.md to something else (guess-what perhaps) and everything will work.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the logs! Just a small note, you can directly copy and paste the logs (the 4 screenshots) you took into your response and wrap it in code formatting (highlight the pasted logs and click the button that looks like html tags

That allows you to post code in your responses and keep the formatting!

e.g: var name = "gwenhustwitt"

1 Like