Handshake.org domains?

I just bought a .zen domain and it won’t allow me to add it to the netlify domain settings.

Do you plan to include them soon?

hi there, can you share a screenshot of what happens when you try and add your domain, please? thanks!

Hi, @fernandonium. There is no such root domain (.zen) listed by IANA:

https://www.iana.org/domains/root/db

If you check the page linked to above, you will see that there is no such top-level domain. Do you have a WHOIS record for the domain? If so, what is the exact domain you registered?

You can post that information publicly or you can private message (PM) that to one of our support staff. I’ve confirmed that PMs are enabled for your forum login. Please keep in mind that only one person can see the PM and this will likely mean a slower reply than posting the information publicly. Please feel free to reply to however you prefer though.

So OP is referring to “Handshake” domains, which are not regular domain names from Web 2.0.
These are often called “blockchain” domains, they are designed for use with IPFS and the de-centralized internet (web 3.0).

Hi, @Croc. No, we do not support this project at Netlify at this time. It looks like this project is just getting off the ground and it is unlikely that we would add support for this until there is wider adoption.

It was worth asking about, though, and if these technologies do become popular we would likely reconsider supporting them at that time.

1 Like