Git gateway requests permissions to unrelated organisation repository

When attempting to set up git gateway for authorising netlify CMS it requests permissions to my git repository.

However, one of the organisations I belong to is automatically shown as selected and there appears no way to deselect this.

There is absolutely no-way I can volunteer the email addresses of the entire organisation for the purpose of authenticating a site hosted on my personal GitHub repo.

Any ideas for how to modify this setting.

Hi there,

That sounds a bit off. Could you show a screenshot of where you see that behavior so I can try to understand and guide you past it? It’s fine if you obscure the org names, I’m just trying to understand if you see the setting at GitHub or Netlify and where :slight_smile:

I’ve shut down the project so can’t show the screenshot, but it was occurring in the modal window where it requests permissions.

There was a green checkmark next to the organisation. After posting the above message I wasn’t able to gain much more information about why this was the case, but this presumably indicates that the organisation had already granted access to Netlify through some other channels, as there was nothing I could do to select or deselect this.

This may be more related to Github, but it would be good for more clarity around already granted permissions so that individuals aren’t left confused about what it means.

I seem to be in the same position as the user above – I have a repository that is owned at the user level, yet when I go to connect the Git Gateway in the Netlify console it shows a check mark next to the organization – see screenshot below.

Does this mean, as the previous user guessed, that the org has already authorized Netlify? If not, is there any way to strip full-organization permission from the API authorization request? I certainly don’t want to be making authorizations on behalf of the entire organization just for one repo we’re using to test-drive Netlify

@Osburn25 Yes, that is what I read as well.

@fool Since you thought this might be odd in the past, do you have any opinion on it now that we’ve got a screen shot of the phenomenon shared?

Hi there! Thanks for your interest in Netlify CMS. Looks like you posted your question a little while ago, but that you haven’t received a solution yet. Here’s where you might get more help:

netlifycms.org - the site houses our extensive documentation that likely contains helpful information to get you back on track.

netlify cms slack - join our friendly slack channel and chat with other cms pros to get the help you need.

GitHub Issues - think you’ve found a bug, or would like to make a feature request? Make your voice heard here. Netlify CMS is open source - PRs and other contributions are also welcome!

Stack Overflow Check StackOverflow for questions tagged “Netlify CMS” if you don’t get an answer in the Slack or the GH issues. StackOverflow reaches a worldwide audience of knowledgeable people.

Your question will be left open here for anyone to comment - but we encourage you to check out the above resources if you are still looking for a solution!