Gethashbrown.com doesn't appear to be served by Netlify

Hi there,

I’m getting an odd error on the SSL/TLS certificate settings page:

Netlify Site: hashbrown.netlify.app
Custom Domain: gethashbrown.com

My domain was registered initially at iwantmyname.com. It is set to use Netlify nameservers for the site:

dns1.p07.nsone.net
dns2.p07.nsone.net
dns3.p07.nsone.net
dns4.p07.nsone.net 

The site appears to be working fine, but Netlify says it can’t renew the certificate until that error is resolved.

Any guidance would be appreciated :slight_smile:

EDIT: WHOOPS! My bad, I checked the HTTPS URL. Just using gethashbrown.com in the tool shows correct nameservers.

So, as I can see, your website loads properly and even shows the proper SSL certificate. It’s either the Netlify dashboard that’s not updated or maybe, I checked too late (that is, after the SSL had got active).

Are you sure the settings are properly set? Because, I just ran Google Dig on your URL, but, that didn’t show the correct nameservers. If you have just recently made the change, it might take upto 72 hours.

Here’s what I can see:

Yep - Google dig is showing the expected result for gethashbrown.com (Netlify servers).

I actually noticed this issue a few weeks ago and thought it would resolve itself over time (e.g. a cache issue somewhere). But it is still present today.

I’ve just tried updating the nameservers again in my registrar panel to see if that can force Netlify to update correctly. If that doesn’t work then I’m stumped.

Well, I don’t really think you’re stumped. As long as your website displays fine to the end users with the SSL, you’re probably good, right?

Until the certificate expires in a month on Nov 16th and I can’t renew it :sweat_smile:

Hi, @4degrees. I’m not seeing any issues with the DNS configuration at this time. Netlify won’t even attempt to renew the SSL certificate until the 6th of November (10 days before it expires). If there are any issues at that time (and I don’t think that will happen at all, but “if”), then we will email the account owner email address about the renewal failure to troubleshoot.

Again, I think it will renew successfully at that time. The error you are seeing is only the last error that occurred. It isn’t an active error at this time.

If there are other questions about this, please let us know.

@luke - that’s good to hear. Thanks for checking :grinning: