German characters don't trigger redirects

I have a problem with redirects.

These rules don’t work:

/blog/daten-als-dienstleistung-mobility-data-specification-im-überblick/ /blog/daten-als-dienstleistung-mobility-data-specification-im-uberblick/ 301!
/blog/daten-als-dienstleistung-mobility-data-specification-im-%c3%bcberblick/ /blog/daten-als-dienstleistung-mobility-data-specification-im-uberblick/ 301!
/blog/stau-durch-lieferverkehr-wie-wir-platz-auf-den-straßen-schaffen-können/ /blog/stau-durch-lieferverkehr-wie-wir-platz-auf-den-strassen-schaffen-konnen/ 301!
/blog/stau-durch-lieferverkehr-wie-wir-platz-auf-den-stra%c3%9fen-schaffen-k%c3%b6nnen/ /blog/stau-durch-lieferverkehr-wie-wir-platz-auf-den-strassen-schaffen-konnen/ 301!
/blog/gemeinsam-bewegen-wie-die-mobilitätsindustrie-gemeinsam-gegen-covid-19-kämpft/ /blog/gemeinsam-bewegen-wie-die-mobilitatsindustrie-gemeinsam-gegen-covid-19-kampft/ 301!
/blog/gemeinsam-bewegen-wie-die-mobilit%c3%a4tsindustrie-gemeinsam-gegen-covid-19-k%c3%a4mpft/ /blog/gemeinsam-bewegen-wie-die-mobilitatsindustrie-gemeinsam-gegen-covid-19-kampft/ 301!
/blog/wie-die-corona-krise-eine-veränderung-im-verkehrskonzept-der-städte-notwendig-macht/ /blog/wie-die-corona-krise-eine-veranderung-im-verkehrskonzept-der-stadte-notwendig-macht/ 301!
/blog/wie-die-corona-krise-eine-ver%c3%a4nderung-im-verkehrskonzept-der-st%c3%a4dte-notwendig-macht/ /blog/wie-die-corona-krise-eine-veranderung-im-verkehrskonzept-der-stadte-notwendig-macht/ 301!

Site name: wundermobility-com
Deploy preview: https://feature-contentful--wundermobility-com.netlify.app

Example URL redirect that doesn’t work: https://feature-contentful--wundermobility-com.netlify.app/blog/wie-die-corona-krise-eine-veränderung-im-verkehrskonzept-der-städte-notwendig-macht/.

Am I missing something?

Hi @maliMirkec

The preview you linked to is no longer available.

I tested

/blog/wie-die-corona-krise-eine-veränderung-im-verkehrskonzept-der-städte-notwendig-macht/ /blog/wie-die-corona-krise-eine-veranderung-im-verkehrskonzept-der-stadte-notwendig-macht/ 301!

and it worked, redirecting to the page specified. The used an encoded version which worked too. The only difference between the encoded string in your redirects and the one I tested was the encoding was %C3 instead of %c3.

If you are still having issues can you share the entire contents of the _redirects file you are using and link to a live site.

2 Likes