Home
Support Forums

Form Submission: data-netlify-recaptcha="true" data-netlify="true" doesnt work as expected

PLEASE help us help you by writing a good post!

• we need to know your netlify site name. Example: gifted-antelope-58b104.netlify.app
  • DNS issues? Tell us the custom domain, tell us the error message! We can’t help if we don’t know your domain.
  • Build problems? Link or paste the FULL build log & build settings screenshot

The better the post - the faster the answer.

https://cranky-jackson-59e4b8.netlify.app/

Please guys I’m a newbie, but I have read all docs from cover to cover, applied all attributes required for the form to collect data and display later in the “Recent Form submission” section - but nothing really happens. I have read other forum comments on this topic… Please can you have a look into my code (attached the screeshot). I just can not figure out what’s wrong with my code((. I’d very appreciate some help here…

Hiya, sorry you are having trouble getting your forms to work.

Thanks for sharing some of the steps you have already taken here. I see you said you have read all the docs, have you also seen our Support Guides that live in the Forums? This Support Guide is the first port of call to debug any forms issues. There are also many other Support Guides for forms - you can find them here: #Netlify-support:support-guides

If you have already read those and are still having problems, please provide the following information so that we can look into this further:

1. The URL for your live form as you want visitors to use it
  2. The URL of your deployed html form. In case you have a javascript form, we need to literally be linked to the html version you’ve deployed, as mentioned above (look for “ pure javascript form ”)
  3. The form name that you’ve set and that shows in our UI
  4. Any errors or logs from the Netlify build logs, dashboard or browser developer console

Thanks a lot Hillary, I was able to fix the Form Submission after reading docs more carefully and adjusting the code exactly as in the React (JS-rendered) guidelines. All works perfectly now and thanks again for taking time to help with the form))

1 Like

Thanks for following up, @SmilingDogs! Glad to hear everything is working now :slight_smile: