Form not working. Help!

Hi,
I am new to Netlify and trying to get a form to work on my website.
The form is on my site at https://inspiring-euclid-a3a47d.netlify.app/guestbook/guestbook.html
When the form submits, the page refreshes with no message about form received and nothing shows up in the forms or overview tabs of my Netlify dashboard.
I have checked through the Netlify form support page at [Support Guide] Form problems, form debugging, 404 when submitting
but still can’t find the problem.
I’m sure I’m making some silly mistake, I just can’t detect it.

Here’s the code I’m using for the form:

<!--Begin Form Code--> 
<p align="center">
<form name="guestbook" netlify>
<input type="text" name="name" placeholder="Name" /><br>
<input type="text" name="country" placeholder="Country"/><br>
<textarea name="description" id="" cols="60" rows="15" ></textarea><br>
<button type="submit">Sign the Guestbook</button>
</form>
</p>
<!--End Form Code-->

I even tried the form example given on the Netlify support page at https://app.netlify.com/sites/inspiring-euclid-a3a47d/forms
but that didn’t work either!
I also checked forms are enabled for me on Netlify.

Can anyone give any advice/help?
Thanks in advance.

Hey!

It looks like your <form> tag doesn’t include the required attributes for Netlify Forms.

According to the Netlify Docs, the form tag should look like this:

<form name="guestbook" method="POST" data-netlify="true">

However I’m pretty sure this also works since this is what I’ve been using:

<form name="guestbook" method="POST" netlify>

Give this a shot and see if it works :))

Hi kylesloper,
Thanks for your reply. Adding in your code:

as you suggested now gives an error message on submitting an entry:
Page Not Found
Looks like you’ve followed a broken link or entered a URL that doesn’t exist on this site.
Back to our site
If this is your site, and you weren’t expecting a 404 for this path, please visit Netlify’s “page not found” support guide for troubleshooting tips.
So at least it’s giving a response now, even if the message is not being delivered.
Anyone else?
Thanks

1 Like

I’ll keep working on the issue.
It would be helpful to have a git repo if possible.

Hey!

I’ve sent a few emails through. It would be useful to grant me permission to access your forms UI (I’ve sent a request) but if your not comfortable with that simply tell me if you get any new form submissions :))

Hiya, sorry you are having trouble getting your forms to work.

This Support Guide is the first port of call to debug any forms issues. There are also many other Support Guides for forms - you can find them here: #Netlify-support:support-guides

We also recommend trying to search the forums or look at topics tagged Netlify forms if you haven’t already - it’s likely your question was already asked by someone else!

If you are still having problems, please provide more information such as what you have already tried, and a link to your live form. :slight_smile:

1 Like