Home
Support Forums

Finding my A Record

Hello Netlify Support,

Thank you for this great service being offered on this platform.

So here is the problem, I have email hosting and I can’t point it to my domain because my domain points to your servers already.

However, the technical support team over here requested for my A Record on Netlify to assist me with setting things right, I have tried looking for that but I can’t seem to know where to look or how to get it.

Please can you help point it out.

Feedback would highly be appreciated.

Thank you,
Warm regards.

There are 2 ways you can do this. If you’ve pointed your domain’s nameservers to Netlify (recommended), you could configure the MX records of the email service and you should be good to go.

However, if you want to revert your nameservers, you can add A + CNAME record as mentioned here: Configure external DNS for a custom domain | Netlify Docs

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I have pointed my domain’s name server to netlify, how can I set up MX records?

Go to the domains section here: Netlify App. Select the domain you need to modify and click on it. You can add new records on the next page.

Thank you.

I have added all the records they (email host) shared with me earlier. I await to see if it works. Please how do I know when it starts working?

You can use a DNS Propagation Checker to test if your changed DNS is visible everywhere. If it is, you could try sending and receiving mails to be sure.

Thank you very much for this. I’d check it out.

Thank you very much for the support, this works and I have been able to send mail to the account.