Feb 2 Builds Started Failing and are Still Failing for auto triggered builds

8:44:45 AM: success Building production JavaScript and CSS bundles - 51.033s

8:44:52 AM: success Building HTML renderer - 6.753s

8:44:52 AM: warning Using browser-only version of superagent in non-browser environment

8:44:53 AM: success Execute page configs - 0.889s

8:44:53 AM: success Caching Webpack compilations - 0.000s

8:44:53 AM: success run queries in workers - 0.022s - 2/2 91.67/s

8:44:53 AM: success Merge worker state - 0.002s

8:44:53 AM: success Rewriting compilation hashes - 0.001s

8:44:59 AM: warning Using browser-only version of superagent in non-browser environment

8:45:00 AM: failed Building static HTML for pages - 3.749s

8:45:00 AM: error Building static HTML failed

8:45:00 AM:

8:45:00 AM:

8:45:00 AM: Error: Error loading a result for the page query in “/auth/[…]/”. Query was not run and no cached result was found.

Noticed that this started happening when Netlify Build was bumped:

10:33:54 PM: Netlify Build
10:33:54 PM: ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
10:33:54 PM: ​
10:33:54 PM: ❯ Version
10:33:54 PM: @netlify/build 29.5.3

vs
first failed one

4:05:39 AM: Netlify Build
4:05:39 AM: ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
4:05:39 AM: ​
4:05:39 AM: ❯ Version
4:05:39 AM: @netlify/build 29.5.4

If the build is manually triggered with clear cache then it works.

hi what;'s your site name/slug? Did you give this resource a read first?

Yeah I mean we use Netlify for dozens and dozens of sites. This just started happening with no change on our end. We tested the build using GitHub - netlify/build-image: This is the build image used for running automated builds and as it seems a cache’ing issue we followed GitHub - netlify/build-image: This is the build image used for running automated builds - everything builds without issue.

We couldn’t keep waiting on support. So we finally solved this by updating the build command from yarn build to yarn clean && yarn build.

Support was really unhelpful with after waiting forever and continuing to update the ticket, the only response being:

Thank you for your update here. I would recommend continuing to use the build command yarn clean && yarn build .

I will go ahead and close this ticket for now. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.

This seems not ideal as I understand it we aren’t getting the advantage of cache’d build components. I was also really disappointed at any lack of explanation here. It seems pretty clear this happened with the netlify build engine was bumped and it is related to the cache, but there seems to be no support or desire to look into this in any meaningful way.

We deploy simultaneously to CloudFlare in order to have a backup should Netlify have issues as our sites serve large events and an outage at the wrong time would be terrible. The CloudFlare deploys haven’t had any problems.

The site name/slug is: yoco