Extend 15min max build time to 30min

Hey There, can we bump to 1hr on the following ID please: 6e0c9d16-f6df-499b-8646-cf6978f1cb63

Thank you so much

Hi, could you increase our build time to 2 hours for the following site IDs please?

• e25d0243-3263-45e8-98a2-7d37ed5a1537
  • ef6718ba-d352-490f-a87a-07ce1e81c2c6 please?

Thanks!

Hello @hillary.

Could you please extend the build time limit to 1 hour for the following sites:

• a2a34afb-7871-468f-ace5-3c4b32ba21f0
  • 24cb749d-bf5e-4f87-8df7-ae3f2c2962da

Thank you!

Hey there, @Sunrise and @IndependentLife :wave:

We have increased the build time limit on the sites you requested. Thanks for reaching out!

Hey there, @gayuru :wave:

We have increased your build time limit to 1 hour. Thanks for your patience!

@hillary
Could you please extend the build time limit to one hour for this site?
ID: 75bad3a5-3867-4259-b37f-5e3ccf8386f0

Hey there, @Justin_H :wave:
We have increased the build time limit for you! Thanks for reaching out.

Could you please extend the build time limit to 45 min for this site?

bef77bc3-f773-4a1c-b1c8-0ce7c3d20a8f

hi there, you are now upgraded to 45 mins. enjoy!

Please increase build time limit to 45 for this site

716e757d-8bda-414e-9400-9b6187f8431b

thank you!

Hi there @hillary and @perry ā€“ might you please extend our build time limit to 45 minutes for this site:

Thank you!

Is there currently an issue causing build times to dramatically increase? Iā€™ve got two sites that are suddenly timing out.

modern-cities-3bfdd1
the-jaxson-0d02e6

hi there moderncities, could you link or paste a failing build log, please?

Do you have access to this link? Netlify App

10:43:14 AM: Execution timed out after 47m55.255872162s
10:43:15 AM: Error running command: Command did not finish within the time limit
10:43:15 AM: Failing build: Failed to build site
10:43:15 AM: Finished processing build request in 48m27.873648647s

Timed out after 48 minutes. Typical build takes about 10 minutes.

hey there @ModernCities , we are doing some migration work under the hood that may be causing some slowed down builds for customers who are doing a lot of logging in their build processes.

Looking at the deploy log you linked, it seems like there are ~70k loglines at the moment.

We are working on smoothing our the underlying processes that is causing this slowdown on our end, but for the time being what you can do as a workaround for any slowed builds is to remove as much logging as you can. that should help, but if it does not, please let us know.

Thanks for the update. Do you know when the migration work will be complete?

I would love to remove those entries from the logs. It is a deprecation warning repeated thousands of times that I canā€™t seem to get rid of:

/opt/build/cache/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/gems/jekyll-3.3.1/lib/jekyll/url.rb:148: warning: URI.escape is obsolete

Youā€™d need to fix your code not to use that feature, I guess? That error is not ā€œfrom usā€ but ā€œfrom rubyā€ - nothing weā€™ll fix :slight_smile:

Iā€™d suggest that you could try addressing it in several ways - do you really use ruby v 2.7.0 locally? There are many much newer versions of ruby which you are more likely to use locally, and you can adjust what we use as documented here:

I am not sure if newer ruby is compatible with your code, but if it is, that might be a different way to solve the problem.

You could also redirect the output to somewhere that isnā€™t the build logs to work around the problem. Changing your build command to something like jekyll build 2>&1 > /dev/null would remove all logging. This isnā€™t a best practice for the long term, but might help you speed things up for today.

I am not clear that the migration will immediately mitigate the situation for such long build logs, so you should examine fixing the root cause (incompatibility the error is trying to warn you about) or the proximate cause (logging that error too much) to get your builds better behaved anyway :slight_smile:

also, to add on what fool said - is updating your jekyll an option for you? 3.3.1 is pretty outdated, as i know jekyll is currently at 4.2.2. I understand thatā€™s not always a fix you can pursue in a hurry, but the best future proof solution is to have things up to date so that you donā€™t need to log so much.

this will also cut down on your build time overall, so itā€™ll save you build minutes which could save you $$. :thinking:

Thanks for the tips. I was able to update the Jekyll and Ruby versions which dramatically reduced the build times. However, just so you are aware, something changed on 3/8/2022 that caused our builds to run long and timeout.

1 Like

Hello, can I please get a build time increase to 1hr for Stuntbox LLC org? Thank you!