ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED on .ch domain added to netlify

I added the domain lukemusicworld.ch to my netlify site lukemusicworld.netlify.app by adding the netlify nameservers on my registrars control panel yesterday but I still get an ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED error when trying to reach the domain.

I tried to do the same thing 4 days ago but after 3 days of waiting for propagation, I just deleted the DNS zone on netlify and added domain again…

No luck so far.

Dig result:
Lukemusicworld.ch. 3600 IN NS dns1.p02.nsone.net.
Lukemusicworld.ch. 3600 IN NS dns2.p02.nsone.net.
Lukemusicworld.ch. 3600 IN NS dns3.p02.nsone.net.
Lukemusicworld.ch. 3600 IN NS dns4.p02.nsone.net.
;AUTHORITY

Hey @Tschohnnny

Have you added lukemusicworld.ch as a custom domain to your site? e.g.

And does is then show NETLIFY records for the domain? e.g.

@coelmay Thanks for your quick answer!
I have added the custom domain on my netlify site and it appears with the text “registered externally” but without the tag netlify DNS

I don’t see anything like you posted in the second picture

Ok, this is a bit embarrassing :stuck_out_tongue:
While trying to find the content from your second screenshot, I noticed that I didn’t setup a domain yet under “/sites/MYSITE/settings/domain” :see_no_evil:

From reading the docs, I was under the impression that netlify would automatically add my domain when adding a domain through “/teams/MYTEAM/dns”

This wasn’t the case and I had to click on “Add domain” under “/teams/MYTEAM/sites”

Now I do see the domain listed under “/sites/MYSITE/settings/domain” (1) and it shows the NETLIFY records for the domain (2) under “/teams/MYTEAM/dns/MYDOMAIN.ch”: