Home
Support Forums

Educational Game about COVID-19 - What can I do to solve the issue?

I made this “Educational Game” to teach important aspects of medical evaluation for my students. It consists basically in a software that brings photos and videos after control buttons are activated by the professor. I have a “starter plan” and I experienced some issues, such as very low rates of responses of the software and very low frame rate of the videos, making the student’s experience disappointing. I don’t know if there is any plan that solves this issue. As I’m only a phisician with not much knowledgment about programming, I don’t know exactly what I need to solve my issues with this project. I would appreciate any information you can give me about this. You can help me to help many patients in this pandemic situation.

I am assuming you’re talking about medskillsxp website. That seems to be the one you updated most recently (7 months ago).

As for me, I can only see the first page and I’m unsure how to proceed. It seems like one needs some kind of a password to access it. So, you can share it privately in a Private Message if you wish. Without that, we can’t check for the issue you’re mentioning.

Of course, if you’re talking about a different website, do let us know.

Hello!
Yes!, sorry…
The Password is:
medskillsaluno

Click in the botton “Iniciar Caso Clínico”

At the black screen clik in the botton “Doutor, seu paciente está aguardando”

In the lower right quadrant you will find a control center where you can click buttons to play videos.

Thank you!

Hi @seuzegamer,

I am not seeing any image or video on the control screen. I’m using Safari 14 on MacOS 11. Is there a chance you could upload a English version for testing. At the moment, I’m just clicking random buttons without knowing what any of them does. It’s almost getting impossible to check it this way.

You can do that using internet explorer or chrome, for sure.
I made this program for desktop.
I normally use it this way.
You will probably find a lot of issues in mobile.
The professor controls “the patient” on his desktop and the students participate on any device just by watching.
Unfortunately I don’t have an english version, sorry.
Thank you so much!

Hi @seuzegamer

I think this has to do with the way your website is built. I was able to see the videos on Chrome (Windows). But here’s what I see:

In the network panel, I can see the same video being requested multiple times. This is making the request speed slightly slower. While the videos didn’t play that slow for me, but it seems like the web app is heavy for the browsers to play smoothly. Moreover, Netlify is not a good platform to host videos, and not at all when so many more videos are loading in the background.