Domain with [ www ] not redirecting

Hello everyone,

So I built a site for a client, and the domain is [ felicitouscoffee.com ]. The issue is that when the domain is typed with www [ www.felicitouscoffee.com ], it gets directed to the old site, instead of getting redirected to the new site.

Everything seems to be alright, I’m unsure if all it takes is time since I just updated the name servers. The domain is originally registered with GoDaddy.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

@butterchimkin This is likely just DNS resolution.

It all looks good to me, I see the same site that is on https://friendly-caramel-f68d9b.netlify.app on both the www and apex versions of the domain, and the www pushes to the apex as per it being the ‘primary domain’.

1 Like

Hey Nathan,

Thanks for your help. Glad to hear it’s nothing too serious.

I hope you have a good rest of your day.

Sorry to bother you,

Would you mind explaining a little bit as to what DNS resolution is, and why is it affecting the domain on my end?

Just google for “DNS Resolution” and “DNS Propagation” and read some articles.

Domain names ultimately resolve to IP addresses, and when you make changes those changes can take time to propagate around.

Thanks, I watched some videos on it, as well as read some articles.

I appreciate your extended help. By the way, I checked out the company you co-founded. Your website is beautiful and very minimalist. I like the small features added in it. Striving to be that talented, and it’s given me some inspiration.

Have a good one.