Domain still connected to deleted account?

Hello, guys. I really hope you can help me out.

So, I forgot that I may have added my domain (www.kuru.lv) to my other account for which I used an email adress, which I decided to get rid of. Did not get far on the project, but now I have deployed the site, try to add my domain… and…

“custom_domain is owned by the other account”
How do I go about solving this?

Cheers

Hi, @taurenis, and welcome to our Netlify community site.

We have sent you an email about this issue. We’ll complete the troubleshooting process using that email for communication.

Also, please let us know with a reply here if you don’t receive it.

1 Like

Luke, you the man, you did it! Thank you so much for the amazing support. I am still a newbie, don’t judge me on my rookie mistakes too much.

Cheers!

No judgement at all and I’m glad we could assist. :+1: Cheers!

Hi guys. I’ve the same issue. What can I do to fix that?

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards

Hi, @bloureiro, if you tell us the domain we can confirm if it is linked to an active or deleted account. If it is a deleted account, we can just delete the DNS zone configuration to make it available for your new account.

If the other account is active, there is a verification process and there is more about that here.

Alternatively, if you can login to the old account (if it is still active) and delete the custom domain from any sites and any DNS zone configured for it on that account. This will also make it available on the new account.

Please let us know what the domain name is and we’ll let you know what we discover.

Hi Luke,

I’ve deleted the account… then I realized The mistake that I’ve done.

The domain is: emmim.pt

Many thanks in advance

Just in case, I’ve added a txt record named verified-for-netlify.

hope this can be helpful

Thanks for doing that, it saved me having to ask :slight_smile:

I did remove the zone rather than transferring it, since you are already using a different DNS host, I figured you have things set up there. If not, you can recreate here using those settings.

Such great news guys! I was able to read your mind :stuck_out_tongue:

Guys, Many thanks for your help :slight_smile: It is working now.

My apologies for this mess.