Domain isn't linking - "Another site is already using this domain"

Hi there, I’m seeing an error when I try to add my domain name hamza(dot)com to my site https://oihamza.netlify.app/.

I see the error “Another site is already using this domain”. I recently acquired the domain name, so I’m not sure what to do.

Here’s a screenshot of my hamza(dot)com DNS settings:

Update, since I made those entries to my DNS settings it’s pointing to some random storefront site. I’m so confused. Does this mean someone is using my domain on Netlify, even though I own it? I’ve attached a screenshot of what I’m seeing - you can see hamza(dot)com in the URL. I’ll likely delete my DNS settings on my domain registry until I know what’s going on.

Hey @hamza,
Yup, it’s possible that the previous owner of the domain created a DNS zone on Netlify or assigned the custom domain to their site. We can remove the zone and/or domain from that account if you verify domain ownership with a TXT record as described here:

Let us know when that’s done and we’ll go from there!

Thank you for replying to me @jen (especially on a weekend!). I updated the TXT record as you requested.

Great, thanks for verifying- I removed the domain from the other site so you should now be able to use it on yours. Also, THIS PROJECT IS SO COOL- may 2021++ be the year(s) of custom hamza dot com email addresses for all Hamzas!

Haha, thank you so much @Jen. I really appreciate it. I’m amazed at how incredible Netlify (the product & people behind it) are.

1 Like

Post withdrawn by user

Yup, no problem- edited!

1 Like