Domain has multiple A records error

Hello,

I purchesed a custom domain for ciobotaru.netlify.app from Netlify, but when I try to verify the DNS i get the
“Domain has multiple A records” error. And I am not able to obtain the SSL/TLS certificate.

Regards,
Valentin

@ciobotaruva Welcome to the Netlify community.

What happens when you delete all but the one necessary A record?

Without knowing the custom domain, it’s going to be difficult for anyone to help you further.

In my DSN Records I have ciobotaruvalentin.com and www.ciobotaruvalentin.com they can’t be deleted both of them have the message “* This is a system record that cannot be managed directly.”. They were created when I purchesed the domain.

hey there, we are on the case. We are seeing multiple occurrences of this error message which was unexpected, we are investigating now. stay tuned

Sorry to hear you ran into this! We’ve fixed the cause of that error and it should now resolve automatically- so your certificate will be provisioned or renewed correctly. If that’s not the case for you after 24 hours, please let us know.

I think I’ve run into the same issue Perry, maybe you can help! for espressocode.tech I have this error but only showing one A record in my domain management dashboard. It’s resulting in a bad user experience because people are getting warning messages it’s not secure. Thanks in advance for whatever advice or help you may have:

Domain espressocode.tech has multiple A records

We can’t renew your Let’s Encrypt certificate automatically until the issue is resolved. Check our [troubleshooting guide] for more information on how to fix the problem, and then renew the certificate.

My domain is from domains.google.com and the Custom Resource Records I have are as follows (only two):

Name Type TTL Data

espressocode.tech A 1h 104.198.14.52
www CNAME 1h condescending-shaw-570928.netlify.com.

Hi, @dfrho. I think the issue was that espressocode.tech was listed twice in the custom domains section:

I removed the second reference. I also see you moved this custom domain to Netlify DNS in the meantime as well.

The SSL was able to be updated to cover the apex domain. It worked the first time when I clicked the “Renew certificate” button now.

If there are other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Thanks Luke!! :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like