Home
Support Forums

Domain display problems

hello, yesterday I transferred two domains I had on “Siteground” here on Netlify but there are display problems. Why? Maybe I need to add DNS records? Thanks. The sites are:
brup.io / martinoncc.it

Hi @Carmine_Martino,

You’ve pointed the domains to Netlify, but not connected it to any website. You need to add the domain to the custom domains section of the site settings.

Hi, Thanks for the reply.
In the dashboard I don’t see the “site settings” and “custom domains” section. Where are?

Could you post the link to the Netlify website you’re trying to use the domains on?

so I created these two sites with wordpress: " martinoncc.it " / " brup.io " and I hosted them on Siteground. Then I transferred to Netlify with the procedure that asked me by changing the dns name. But the sites are still not seen. I hope I was clear

Hey there, @Carmine_Martino :wave:

I checked internally, and I am not seeing any Netlify sites associated with your account. Are you looking to migrate your Wordpress sites to Netlify? If so, this is the resource you are looking for:

Hi, @Carmine_Martino. I would like to clarify some points.

There are three requirements for using a custom domain (like martinoncc.it) at Netlify:

1. You must have a website at Netlify.
  2. The website at Netlify must have the custom domain added under Site Name > Settings > Domain management > Custom domains.
  3. The DNS for the custom domain must point to Netlify.

Right now, you have only met the third requirement. The first two requirements are not met at this time and that is why nothing is shown for these domain names.

Are you planning to host these websites at Netlify? If so, you must deploy a site here first using one of the the methods listed in the documentation below:

If there are other questions about this, please reply here anytime.

1 Like

Hi Luke,
I understand what you are saying but it seems strange to me.
I thought you were also a hosting service in fact , I have already transferred a site ( noizy.it ) to Netlify in the past and it continues to be seen.
It seems strange to me, unfortunately I don’t have great coding skills so I can’t currently develop.
If so then unfortunately I will have to disable the service

In a way, we are. You simply need to do the step 1 and step 2 mentioned by Luke and it would work.

Hi, @Carmine_Martino. You are not hosting any sites at Netlify using the domain noizy.it. You do use Netlify for DNS service alone and this is not permitted.

We only allow our DNS service to be used when at least one site using the domain is hosted at Netlify. For noizy.it, there are no websites hosted for it at Netlify. For this reason, ask that you revert the DNS service for this domain back to the registrar and stop using Netlify DNS.

The same is true for the other domains you have mentioned. If you do not intend to use Netlify for hosting the websites, then those Netlify DNS zone must be deleted.

If there are other questions or concerns, please let us know.