DNS Custom Domain - edu subdomain

I’m having trouble adding a custom domain. I am trying to add timhammond.umd.edu which I have registered as a CNAME with our NOC. I get “custom_domain is owned by the other account”. I am guessing this is because there is another umd.edu out there. Can you please add this custom domain to my account. Thank you.

Hi, @hammondt, and welcome to the Netlify community site. :+1:

We have sent you an email to the email address associated with your Netlify account, and we’ll communicate with you through that email to continue resolving this issue.
(Please note that for security reasons, we will not contact you at email addresses not listed in your Netlify account.)

Also, please let us know with a reply here if you don’t receive a message from us.

We are needing to do the same thing with a site we are moving to Netlify. The site’s address would be [sitename].smwc.edu via a CNAME record in our DNS. @luke Would you be able to help us get that set up?

Hi, smwc, thanks for getting in touch.

We have sent you an email to the email address associated with your Netlify account, and we’ll communicate with you through that email to continue resolving this issue. (Please note that for security reasons, we will not contact you at email addresses not listed in your Netlify account.)

Also, please let us know with a reply here if you don’t receive a message from us.

@Luke my team needs to do the same thing.

Hey @innoobijr, I think I got your DNS issue sorted out over here → https://answers.netlify.com/t/custom-domain-is-owned-by-the-other-account/4814/11, so I’m going to tag this as “answered” but if not please give us a shout!