DNS changes not always correct after 48 hours

Hi!
I’m having some issues with DNS. I moved my domain, cliir.com from a now deleted netlify site to a new one, lucid-colden-d1a8d5.netlify.com

However, some users who have previously visited cliir.com are still seeing the old site. It’s been more than 48 hours since I switched the record over. Is there anything else I can do here to make sure users see the correct site?

Thank you!

Hi, @zach, it sounds like the DNS change delays due to time to live values has already been excluded as the root cause.

My best guess as the most likely cause would be that site was at one point using a service worker.

We would also be happy to research the cause. To do this, we need to be able to identify which page loads are incorrect.

To this end, would you please send us an x-nf-request-id header for an incorrect response for any URL belonging to this site?

With that header, we can then find the exact request/response in our logging (and the logs are quite detailed). This will (or does in most cases) tell us where the issue is and point the way to a solution.

If there are questions or more information as well, please add them anytime. We look forward to finding out why this is happening and getting the issue resolved.

Hi @luke ,
Thanks for the response. Here’s the header requested that returns the incorrect response:

x-nf-request-id: 7840c7ab-25f2-48c5-8ec1-93c9ec2c53ec-1315275

Let me know if I can provide anything else.

Hi, @zach, there is no record of this x-nf-request-id being used in the last 30 days. This looking more and more like a service worker issue.

Would you be willing to double check to see if your local system is using a service worker?

Also, it might help to send us HAR file of this happening. We could use that to confirm or disprove that a service worker is the root cause.

If there are other questions, please let us know.

Hey @luke, you were correct, it was the service worker. The previous site had a service worker, while they current one didn’t. Adding and removing the service worker from the current website fixed the issue.

Thanks again for your help!

1 Like