Home
Support Forums

DNS and SSL disabled

Hi, I’m trying to set up a custom domain (caulus-kaulille.be) for caulus-kaulille.netlify.app. The DNS checks in the dashboard keep back and forth between “Okay” and “Check your DNS configuration”. I’ve double checked all DNS rules but even after 24h, it’s not working.

Right now, I even get the message that SSL provisioning is temporarily disabled.

Not sure what to do, any ideas?

Hi there! We’ve created this DNS Quickstart guide for this very purpose - to get you up and running as quickly as possible.

Please take a look - we have many resources listed at the bottom, too. And, there are tons of DNS questions you can access through our search! If your problem still persists after reading through all relevant guides, please post again and we will troubleshoot with you.

Hi Hillary, thanks for taking the time to reply!

Unfortunately, I have already been through every documentation I could get my hands on. After hosting almost 10 sites on Netlify, this is the first time I’m unable to sort this out.

One minute the domain looks to be served through Netlify, the next one is doesn’t…

Hi @Wouter_Goossens,

These are the nameservers returned with dig +short caulus-kaulille.be NS

ns1.bdm.microsoftonline.com.
ns2.bdm.microsoftonline.com.
een.dnssrv.nl.

Online tools such as DNS Checker shows different records depending on the server queried.

ns3.bdm.microsoftonline.com
ns4.bdm.microsoftonline.com

So the domain is definitely not served through Netlify.

Querying Google Dig shows the same results as above and shows an A record of 75.2.60.5 Zoho Toolkit shows none (at the time I checked.) This A record is present in een.dnssrv.nl (try dig @een.dnssrv.nl caulus-kaulille.be A) but does not appear in the microsoftonline.com servers (try dig @ns2.bdm.microsoftonline.com. caulus-kaulille.be A). EDIT Using DNS Checker to search A records shows a mixture of hit and miss.

Hope this helps.

Hi Coelmay, thanks for providing me with this information!

But unfortunately, I’m not sure how to interpret this. Does this mean that the DNS is not propagating? Or is there anything I need do to fix this?

DNS can take 48 hours to fully propagate as a general rule (thought usually much quicker.) According to NS1

A change to a DNS record—for example, changing the IP address defined for a specific hostname—can take up to 72 hours to propagate worldwide, although it typically takes a few hours.

So it depends on when you last changed your records.

Which NS are you using? The microsoftonline.com (part of a Microsoft 365 subscription I presume)? If so, you need to ensure there is an A record in there as appears in ee.dnssrv.nl otherwise your domain will not point to Netlify.