Disable large media

I’m a fool. I enabled Large Media for some audio/video content on my site, forgetting that the Large Media server doesn’t support range requests and so is pretty ill-suited for streaming content. (I now see that this is listed in the Limitations section of the docs.)

Could you please help me disable Large Media on my site hcn-audioguides.netlify.app?

I’ve only uploaded some placeholder content for now, so I don’t particularly care what happens to it. But I do want to continue to use git-lfs with Github’s default LFS service.

Many thanks.

Update: I’ve read through [Support Guide] Uninstalling Large Media and I think I’m ready to take the steps outlined there as soon as I get the go ahead.

Hi, @baffalop. We have removed the Large Media add-on from the site now.

Would you please push the commit removing .lfsconfig to the upstream repository? This will trigger a new build.

Please keep in mind that you might want to run the command below after deleting the .lfsconfig file:

git lfs push --all origin

This will sync the local repo’s LFS objects with the Git LFS service at the original Git host. It pushes any new binary blobs to their LFS service which may have been added after you moved the LFS service to Large Media.

Please let us know if there are any issues with the new build or deployed site.

Thanks. It’s all working now.

1 Like