Different Media libraries

I’d like to use Cloudinary only for specific fields uploads. It seems you can only define it globally which means all my fields need to use Cloudinary. It there a way to just define for a specific widget? I would like to manage only video files with Cloudinary and all other using LFS.

Hi @nolafs,

The image and the file widget supports this: Widgets | Netlify CMS | Open-Source Content Management System, Widgets | Netlify CMS | Open-Source Content Management System.

Would that work for your use case?

Hi,

In my case, I like to use video Cloudinary for my videos and rest of the media files being managed on LFS. I added Cloudinary config only to file widget but it would not load the Cloudinary widget at all. I can only add as global media library config but this changes all my file and image fields to Cloudinary.

Cheers
Olaf

Hi @nolafs,

That’s weird. Could you share your config?

@hrishikesh It seems what @nolafs wanted to achieve was to use a specific upload provider for specific fields.

So let’s say you have two fields you want one field to use the default Netlify Media Upload UI and then the other field to use the Uploadcare Media Upload UI.

Or for someone else another example will be to set one field to use Cloudinary and another field to use Uploadcare or LFS.

To my knowledge if that’s the case, unfortunately the current version of Netlify does not support using different media library providers on different fields.

Even though you can add a media_library property to an individual field or widget like file and image, it does not allow for you to set a specific upload provider. It only allows you to specify the configuration that should be applied to the global upload provider.

So for example if the global upload provider is Cloudinary you can configure one field to transform images as they are uploaded to Cloudinary and another field to just upload the selected image without transforming when uploading to Cloudinary.

The configuration for using an external media upload provider is limited to a global scope and not specific to a field.
The only media_library configuration specific to a field is the settings to apply when the image or file is selected and uploaded based on the global upload media library provider and configuration.

Hope this clarification helps.