Deleted project and old domain site

Hello !

I’ve deleted a project with the netlify domain « incorpus.netlify.app », and now for my new project, I’m unable to reuse it, I’ve this error message « This site name is already taken » , is there anything I can do ?

Thanks in advance !

Hey there, @becare :wave:

Welcome to the Netlify Forums! This is happening because the custom domain you’re trying to use already exists on Netlify under a different account.

Please verify domain ownership and let us know by responding here when that’s done. If the verification is successful we can remove the domain from the other account so you can use it on yours.

Thanks for your response but as mentioned, the project has been deleted so i can’t go to domain settings for this project, moreover the problem is about a netlify subdomain managed by you and not a custom domain.
The project has been deleted one week ago but it is still online.

Nobody to help ?
Why the project is still online whereas i deleted it almost 2 weeks ago ?
Thanks in advance

Hey @becare

Just to clarify, by deleting the project you pressed the Delete this site button under site settings as shown in the image below?

Hello, yes I used exactly this button

And it no longer appears in the list of sites for your team?

Exact it’s no longer appears in the list, but still online and the subdomain used cannot be used anymore.

The account that owns it, Alexandre’s, is still active and the site was certainly not deleted since it was created back in Sept 2019. Alexandre would need to free up the name for you - do you know them? If not, you’ll need to use a different name.

1 Like