Delete path folder when delete entry

I have integrated Netlify CMS with Gatsby. it works well when creating a new entries. but when delete. it only deletes the index.md file. I need to delete the whole path folder. how can I do it?

Here are my content paths and config file.

content path: content/year-month-day-path/

backend:
  name: github
  repo: test/repo

local_backend:
  url: http://localhost:8081/api/v1

media_folder: "static/assets"
public_folder: assets

collections:
  - name: "post" # Used in routes, e.g., /admin/collections/blog
    label: "Post" # Used in the UI
    folder: "content" # The path to the folder where the documents are stored
    create: true # Allow users to create new documents in this collection
    path: "{{year}}-{{month}}-{{day}}-{{path}}/{{slug}}"
    slug: "index" # Filename template, e.g., YYYY-MM-DD-title.md
    fields: # The fields for each document, usually in front matter
      # - {label: "Layout", name: "layout", widget: "hidden", default: "blog"}
      - {label: "Title", name: "title", widget: "string", required: true}
      - {label: "Publish Date", name: "date", widget: "datetime", required: true}
      - {label: "Path", name: "path", widget: "string",required: true }
      - {label: "Cover Image", name: "cover", widget: "image", required: true}
      - {label: "Tags", name: tags, widget: list, required: false, default: [] }
      - {label: "Excerpt", name: "excerpt", widget: "string", required: false}
      - {label: "Body", name: "body", widget: "markdown", required: true}

When I create a new entry with image it creates two entries for .md file and for an image. but when I want to delete, it only removes that index.md fille. need to delete the whole folder.

Hi @chathula and welcome to the community :slight_smile: I can see that you’ve already opened an issue for it Delete path folder when delete entry · Issue #3615 · netlify/netlify-cms · GitHub which is great.
Saving multiple files in the same directory was added recently and the deleting part was postponed until we have more use cases (we don’t want to delete the entire directory, just the files that were added by the CMS).

@erez, what about giving an option to user to set it. as an example we can set deletePath option to true. when user has set delete to true(by default it is true), we can delete that whole path.

That’s a good idea, do you mind adding it to the issue? I think we would need to properly delete the files the CMS added first then figure out if we need to customise the behavior.

yes sure. i will update my github issue.

1 Like