DDoS, questions about DOS

PLEASE help us help you by writing a good post!

• we need to know your netlify site name. Example: gifted-antelope-58b104.netlify.app
  • DNS issues? Tell us the custom domain, tell us the error message! We can’t help if we don’t know your domain.
  • Build problems? Link or paste the FULL build log & build settings screenshot

The better the post - the faster the answer.

If my site is DDoS or DOS, do I have to take out the server? And if the site I created gets disadvantaged, do I have to take out the server?

@salam1028 Welcome to the Netlify community. On Netlify, your site is not on a server, per se, so DDoS attacks are far less efficacious.

If your site were to be hit by a DDoS attack big enough to take down the Netlify CDN, they would probably suspend your account at least temporarily. Depending on the nature of your site, you might also consider restricting access to signed-in users, although this is a pain in the neck.

However, if you think there is a real chance that someone will try to take down your site with a massive DDoS, you should consider traditional hosting with a paid Cloudflare plan protecting your server.