Custom netlify-csm the better I can

Hi all,

I’ve just installed netlify-csm. I come from Wordpress and I was used to many many options to custom my blog.

I have two questions:

• the link to preview the article while “in review” points somewhere to an nonexistent url: https://deploy-preview-3–my-netlify-domain.netlify-app : as I’m working within a subfolder /blog/. I returns 404 page; and if I redirect to https://deploy-preview-3–my-netlify-domain.netlify-app/blog/ … it gives me back the homepage of my blog :slight_smile:
  • is there any place I can find a full custom config file to show me what I can really do with netlify-csm and edit it according to my needs?

So far I’ve enabled only workflow - if I hadn’t read about it I wouldn’t know - and I think there are many other configurations I ignore :slight_smile:

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi @nipa-it and welcome :smiley:
Best way is to search the docs, then search this community and then the GitHub repo issues.
For preview urls, you can configure them, see Deploy Preview Links | Netlify CMS | Open-Source Content Management System

Also - see the examples part of the docs Examples | Netlify CMS | Open-Source Content Management System

1 Like

Hi @erez, thank for you reply.

I still can’t get the preview working.

I have installed the hugo blog into the folder /blog, so the config.yml is expected to be something like

collections:

• name: ‘post’
    label: ‘Post’
    folder: ‘blog/content/post’
    create: true
    slug: ‘{{slug}}’
    preview_path: /blog/post/{{slug}}

Isn’t it?

Not working though

Hi @nipa-it, how does the link should look like? Meaning, if you create a new post, build the site and access that new post - what is the URL for the post?
Also what is the current URL that is resolve in the CMS for the previews?

First thing thank you for your answer @erez!

I don’t know how I did but poking poking now the preview works!

Thank you for your kindness answering

1 Like

Do you mind sharing the updated config with the solution so others can benefit?

Here it is:

backend:
name: git-gateway
branch: master # Branch to update (optional; defaults to master)
media_folder: static/img
public_folder: /img
publish_mode: editorial_workflow
collections:

• name: ‘post’
    label: ‘Post’
    folder: ‘content/post’
    create: true
    slug: ‘{{slug}}’
    editor:
    preview: false
    fields:
    • { label: ‘Title’, name: ‘title’, widget: ‘string’, default: ‘’ }
    • { label: ‘Publish Date’, name: ‘date’, widget: ‘date’ }
    • { label: ‘Description’, name: ‘description’, widget: ‘string’, default: ‘’ }
    • { label: ‘Tags’, name: ‘tags’, widget: ‘list’, allow_add: true, default: [“common-tag-1”, “common-tag-2”, “common-tag-3”] }
    • { label: ‘Icon’, name: ‘icon’, widget: ‘string’, default: ‘images/icons/some_icon.png | readytobeselected.png | another_icon.png’ }
    • { label: ‘Icon caption’, name: ‘caption’, widget: ‘string’, default: ‘some | alternative | caption | ready | to be selected’ }
    • { label: ‘Body’, name: ‘body’, widget: ‘markdown’ }
1 Like