Custom domain URL not displayed

My custom domain: mistibooks.com
Netlify domain: jolly-joliot-2c1793.netlify.app
Both work fine. The problem is when I type in “mistibooks.com” the site opens but the displayed URL changes to “jolly-joliot-2c1793.netlify.app”.
Similar thing happens when I send an email message from the site. The received email shows from “jolly-joliot-2c1793.netlify.app” rather then “mistibooks.com”.
Is there a way to only show “mistibooks.com” everywhere?

This is the content of your custom domain:

<HTML> <HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV=Refresh CONTENT="0; url=http://jolly-joliot-2c1793.netlify.app">  </HEAD> </HTML> 

That’s all.

That’s the code responsible for redirecting to the URL you’re seeing. Seems like you’ve not connected this domain to a Netlify website yet or else your Netlify sub-domain and the custom domain would have had the same code.

Another evidence:

It shows server Apache. For Netlify websites, it shows, well obviously, Netlify.

I’d advise you to check your DNS configuration.

@gtiani Welcome to the Netlify community.

You have to “extra” name server delegations that are going to foul things up from time to time:

Name Server: ns2.domain.com
Name Server: ns1.domain.com
Name Server: dns1.p04.nsone.net
Name Server: dns2.p04.nsone.net
Name Server: dns3.p04.nsone.net
Name Server: dns4.p04.nsone.net

Delete the ones from domain.com. This will help with the Apache server issue identified by @hrishikesh.

1 Like

Well, that’s interesting. After I removed the ns1/2.domain.com and cleared the cache, it started working. I didn’t think having too many name servers hurt anything. Hopefully it keeps working.
Thank you, gregraven!

I should say: thanks gregraven and hrishikesh!

It worked for a few minutes. Then the URL changed back to the netlify URL.
Any other ideas that I could try?
Gary

It might be a DNS propagation issue. I think your nameservers are correctly configured for now, so probably just waiting it out would fix this.

Wow, you people are good. I would have started making more changes. All I had to do was wait. It’s working now. Even the email form shows the correct URL.
Thank you very much.
Gary

1 Like