Home
Support Forums

Custom Domain Not Loading on mobile or sometimes desktop

I have a custom domain through Google Domains and I think everything was set up properly as the https has been verified and secured. But the website is only sometimes loading and it hardly loads on mobile devices. I am just getting reports that the:

This site can’t be reached

Check if there is a typo in www.tsunodastylings.com.

• If spelling is correct, [try running Windows Network Diagnostics](javascript:diagnoseErrors()).

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Any help?

https://tsunodastylings.netlify.app/

https://www.tsunodastylings.com/

Hi @tsunodastylings

This is the NS lookup for tsunodastylings.com.

;; ANSWER SECTION:
tsunodastylings.com.	3600	IN	NS	dns2.p06.nsone.net.
tsunodastylings.com.	3600	IN	NS	dns3.p06.nsone.net.
tsunodastylings.com.	3600	IN	NS	dns4.p06.nsone.net.
tsunodastylings.com.	3600	IN	NS	tsunodastylings.com.
tsunodastylings.com.	3600	IN	NS	dns1.p06.nsone.net.

This record is the likely cause:

tsunodastylings.com.	3600	IN	NS	tsunodastylings.com.

Remove it, wait for DNS changes to propagate (you can check using DNS Checker and try accessing the site on the affected devices again.

Thank you I will try it now

The DNS checker has the green checks but it’s still not loading???

The green ticks do not indicate the records have changed, they indicate there are records in the DNS. As shown below, the tsunodastylings.com still exists in some locations. It does take time for propagation to complete.

Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 12.53.11 pm

AHH! I understand. So essentially I would want only the dsn1-4- - -.net to be the only ones showing up when the DNS search is activated.

Okay well I will give it some time and then continue checking later

Sorry if this has been mentioned before or not but did I need to keep this DNS record:

_domainconnect.tsunodastylings.com CNAME

As mentioned this this thread it is GoDaddy’s implementation of Domain Connect. This will serve no purpose if using Netlify DNS (to the best of my knowledge.)

I believe deleting the record (if still present) is desired.

oh I am using Google Domains

It is possible Google Domains implements things in a similar (if not the same) fashion. In either case I believe this record is no longer required.

Update:

Thank you. I’ve done some more testing and for some reason the site is loading on my mobile device but when I am on wifi on Mobile or wifi on my laptop it still says site not found. But my wifi loads all other bookmarked sites……

Not sure if it’s a server issue, or wifi issue or what sigh but I’ll keep waiting and checking

Quite possibly local DNS caching on your computer/router/network. Try a different browser, private/incognito Window or another device on the same network. If you don’t want to wait, you could investigate how to clear DNS cache on your device(s), router, etc. I am able to access the site (as can you on mobile network) so I would say it is generally working.

Thank you so much! After deleting that DNS record and resetting the local DNS on my computer/router, I am able to successfully view my site on multiple devices. Also had testers in other cities/countries confirm that they also can see it as well with no issues and is responsive on mobile devices.

Once again. Thanks!

1 Like