Custom_domain is owned by the other account

@testbuzz,

If you re-add the domain to your original site and then delete the DNS zone from your DNS pane, that’ll clear the error. Else, provide us the domain and we’ll take a look.

@claytoncollie,

I’ve removed the dangling DNS records for this site for you.

@Pie

I tried to re-add my TLD of contentpilot.com and am getting the following error.

“name is already taken, contentpilot.net is conflicting the ownership with other existing zones”

Can you release these?

fbpdev.contentpilot.net

fbpop.contentpilot.net

or just

contentpilot.net

Thankyou @Pie for your help.
It was smooth.

@claytoncollie, that’s removed for you too now. :mage:

@testbuzz, np! :smiley:

@Pie I’m too having this same issue:

custom_domain is owned by the other account

for my domain postwoman.io can you fix any issues with DNS zone?

Hey there, this is happening because the custom domain you’re trying to use already exists on Netlify under a different account.

If you have some idea of who might be using the domain (maybe a previous collaborator or an agency you’ve worked with in the past?), the quickest way to get this resolved is for you to contact that person directly and ask them to remove the domain from their account here:

https://app.netlify.com/sites/SITE-NAME/settings/domain#custom-domains > “Options” dropdown > “Remove domain”

If you’re not sure, please verify domain ownership and let us know by responding here when that’s done. If the verification is successful we can remove the domain from the other account so you can use it on yours.

well, I’m the guy who’s using the domain. I serve my netlify app in that domain with “Custom domain” using A records. I wish to change that to netlify name servers - but can’t add URL under “Team Domains” - it says “A DNS zone for this domain already exists on NS1”

I’ve added TXT records to verify domain ownership. Kindly allow me to set custom domain using name servers.

hi there, we have completed the verification of your domain on our end. Are you able to add it now?

1 Like

No. it’s still showing “A DNS zone for this domain already exists on NS1”. Can’t add DNS / domain to site.

EDIT: I used ALIAS metod for hosting. Issues are now solved.

1 Like

Hi, I gave my domain name to my friend because he needed it then when he deleted the domain name from his account and I tried to use it said custom_domain is owned by another account even though he already removed it. @jen @luke please check this out/

If you have some idea of who might be using the domain (maybe a previous collaborator or an agency you’ve worked with in the past?), the quickest way to get this resolved is for you to contact that person directly and ask them to remove the domain from their account here:

https://app.netlify.com/sites/SITE-NAME/settings/domain#custom-domains > “Options” dropdown > “Remove domain”

If you’re not sure, please verify domain ownership and let us know by responding here when that’s done. If the verification is successful we can remove the domain from the other account so you can use it on yours.

@luke I already did and he removed it and showed me with proof of that he already removed. Even after he removed it i still cannot use it.

hi @NutanPanta, can you go through the verification steps outlined aboce?

It seems there is no way for verifying for .com.np with .txt or any way. If it helps i can sends you photos of me owning the domain.

Hi, @NutanPanta, the only way we will remove the domain is if the verification DNS record is created as described here:

There is no other verification process.

About your friend’s account, I believe the issue is that they only deleted the domain name from the site. However, they still have an inactive Netlify DNS zone for it. They can see that at the URL below (when they are logged into their Netlify account):

https://app.netlify.com/account/dns/

There is a “Delete Zone” button at the bottom of the details page for each domain name. If they delete it there, that would also allow you to add it to your account.

If there are other questions, please let us know.

Thank you. The problem was I did not know it had to be removed from https://app.netlify.com/account/dns/. After he removed from there I could add it to my account. Thank you for your assistance.

1 Like

Hi, I’m the owner of the domain “ethereum.cn”. And I have met the same problem of " Custom_domain is owned by the other account"
Could you please verify the txt record, and let me know if you’ve done the verification.

Would you mind deal with the problem in hurry?

Hey @stevewu,
Thanks for verifying! We’ve removed the DNS zone from the other site so you should now be able to use it on yours. Please let us know if you run into any issues.

1 Like

thanks, it works right now