Custom_domain is owned by the other account

Hi, @nik, in order for us to troubleshoot we need to know the domain name which isn’t working. Would you be willing to please share that with us?

You can private message (PM) that to one of our support staff and I’ve confirmed that PMs are enabled for your community login. Note, that only one person can see the PM and this will likely mean a slower reply than posting the information publicly. Please feel free to reply to however you prefer though.

1 Like

Hi, @nik. I received the PM with the details about the custom domain. I did find that domain configured on an already delete account (which deletes the account but not the DNS zone configuration for reasons I won’t detail).

However, it was a deleted account and the DNS zone was inactive and, for these reasons, I’ve deleted the zone now. This means that you should be able to add this domain to your new site/team now.

If this still doesn’t work for any reason (or if there are any questions), please reply anytime.

1 Like

Hi @jen I have the similar issue connecting my domain amu.org.rw .
I have got this error name amu.org.rw is conflicting the ownership with other existing zones.

thanks

Hey @iraguhalionel, I’m sorry to say that I can’t find a record of this domain in our database. When I go to that URL in the browser, it shows Server: Apache in the headers, which means it is not served by us (sites that are served by us say Server: Netlify).

Hello I am having the same issue! I am attempting to add my custom domain bu when I type oatmealandcompany.com but once I get through the steps I’m getting this message “name is already taken, oatmealandcompany.com is conflicting the ownership with other existing zones.” Please help, thank you!

Hey @Oatmeal, I saw your other ticket first so responded over there —> "conflicting the ownership with other existing zones"

Hello, @jen I am also having similar issue. My domain is harsh.codes

Hi, I am having the same custom_domain is owned by another account with setting up a custom domain to our account (beyond.ubc.ca). @jen Would you be able to verify if someone has mistakenly added ubc.ca?

hi @UBC, are you and @michaelkam the same person (who posted here?

Hi @perry, didn’t realize those posts got through as it wasn’t posting and not reflecting when i was posting under @UBC account.

i see, good to clarify. So in order for us to fix this up for you, you’ll need to verify that you own the domain/can administer it - this is happening because the custom domain you’re trying to use already exists on Netlify under a different account.

If you have some idea of who might be using the domain (maybe a previous collaborator or an agency you’ve worked with in the past?), the quickest way to get this resolved is for you to contact that person directly and ask them to remove the domain from their account here:

https://app.netlify.com/sites/SITE-NAME/settings/domain#custom-domains > “Options” dropdown > “Remove domain”

If you’re not sure, please verify domain ownership and let us know by responding here when that’s done. If the verification is successful we can remove the domain from the other account so you can use it on yours.

Thanks, I have just added the TXT record to beyond.ubc.ca domain.

Hey @michaelkam,
Thanks for verifying. You should now be able to use that custom domain on your account- please let us know if that’s not the case!

Hey @hrshcdry,
Sorry I missed the ping- could you please review the advice here:

If it turns out that we’ll need you to verify domain ownership, please give us a shout once that’s done and we’ll move forward!

Thanks @jen, I can added the custom domain.

Do we still need the TXT record in our DNS, or it can be remove?

You can remove it :slight_smile: Glad to hear things are otherwise working :tada:

Update: Just realized I had to also delete the domain/DNS zone from the Domains menu, and not just remove it from the project I was using it on. Seems to work now!

Hey folks, I seem to be encountering the same issue while trying to move hubroastery.ca away from my Netlify account to a different one. I’ll go ahead and the text record just now.

1 Like

Hi @jen
I have got this error “name alessandro.tec.br is conflicting the ownership with other existing zones”.
thanks

Hey there, this is happening because the custom domain you’re trying to use already exists on Netlify under a different account.

If you have some idea of who might be using the domain (maybe a previous collaborator or an agency you’ve worked with in the past?), the quickest way to get this resolved is for you to contact that person directly and ask them to remove the domain from their account here:

https://app.netlify.com/sites/SITE-NAME/settings/domain#custom-domains > “Options” dropdown > “Remove domain”

If you’re not sure, please verify domain ownership and let us know by responding here when that’s done. If the verification is successful we can remove the domain from the other account so you can use it on yours.

@perry
I added the TXT record to alessandro.tec.br domain